Harriet is sly

Tammy glared at Harriet, who was looking at her with disgust. Harriet would not have wanted anyone sharing with her a room, so when Ms Peter announced that she had to share a room with Tammy, she decided to not try her very best with Ms Peter although she had already liked Ms Peter a bit, and she would boast about her wealthiness in front of Tammy and order her around for she knew that Tammy wasn't a girl that had a lot of money and always had very little pocket money and had to save.

"Well, well," Harriet said, after Ms Peter had dismissed them for it was Mamzelle Dupont's lesson now. "What now, Harriet? Going to throw bad accusations around?" Penny sneered, for she was not afraid of Harriet. Harriet ignored Penny and stuck her tongue out at Penny who gasped, "Gladys! Did you see that? She stuck out her tongue at me! She really has a lot of cheek!" Gladys nodded her head and replied solemnly, "well, Penny, you were like that when Hilary asked you nicely." Penny felt her face going red for she hated being told off- especially being told off by Gladys, whom she was becoming best friends with. "But, old girl, you have changed," Gladys said warmly, taking Penny's hand and smiled at Penny who grinned at Gladys, "Thanks, old girl. You're really a good sport!"

Tammy scowled at the drama taking place between Penny and Gladys, and glared at Harriet who seemed unfazed, "what on earth do you want, Harriet Perris?" Tammy said bravely, though Penny and Gladys saw that she was white with fear. Gladys nudged Penny, who wanted to step in and help Tammy who seemed to be struggling, "Penny, do you think something bad is going to happens to the both of them, for Harriet keeps on bullying Tammy! I mean it!" Penny shushed her while Gladys frowned.

" Psst! Guys,Mamzelle Dupont is coming!" Rachel, who was holding the door whispered. Everyone fell silent immediately as they could hear Mamzelle's flat black shoes clicking on the floor. "Let's just tell them later when Mamzelle is gone!" Penny whispered when Mamzelle entered the classroom.

"Bonjour, girls." Mamzelle rapped the table with her bony fingers. "Bonjour, Mamzelle!" Chorused the girls."sit down, girls! Take out your French dictee and read chapter 1!" Boomed Mamzelle. All the girls groaned, for they hated to read French dictee. "Mamzelle! Please, can we do something else instead of this?" Groaned Hilary, while Daffy nodded in agreement. Mamzelle shook her head while Nora groaned, "Mamzelle! Please.... can we do it another time? It's the first day of school!"

Mamzelle laughed, making the girls frown.

"Why are you laughing, Mamzelle?" Hilary asked uncertainly, while Mamzelle simply roared with tears pouring down her rosy cheeks, "Hah! You girls have been tricked! Tessa, you will help your Mamzelle distribute this gifts that I have bought for all of you bad, wicked, English girls!" No one took Mamzelle seriously for they saw the twinkle in her eye. Rachel nudged Pam, and they saw a pile of gifts wrapped in wrapping paper. "I wonder what is in that gifts!" Whispered Pam, for she liked surprises. "Well, ma cher Pam, you will know when you receive yours. I have got ma cher Daphne one too though she's new." Mamzelle said, for she heard Pam's comment. Daffy looked at Mamzelle with delight.

"Thanks, Mamzelle! You are a peach!" Hilary shouted in delight when she ripped hers open. It was a keychain that had her initials on it. "Ahh!! You girls are bad! I am not a peach!" Mamzelle shrieked, while Rachel grinned at Mamzelle, "Mamzelle, don't worry! Peaches are simply wizard!" Tammy smiled at Mamzelle with her charming smile, "Yes, Mamzelle!" Harriet scowled, "Stuck up Tammy!" Tammy pushed Harriet who was actually beside her, "I suppose you aren't too?" Tammy growled, while Harriet flicked her hair, "well, my dear Tammy, I'm not like you! So there! You bitch!" The moment she said that word, everyone gasped, while Mamzelle frowned, "sit down, Daffy!" Daffy ignored Mamzelle steadily and glared at Harriet with such fury that Harriet laughed, "well, Daphne, you don't take such comments?" Harriet laughed, while Daffy looked at Harriet with a steady eye. "Well, since you like talking, you shall be sent to convetry!" Harriet stuck out her lip, "girls, do you agree?" Harriet drawled. Everyone protested to her horror, "Yes! Harriet, you are sent to convetry!" Tammy stood up shakily, "Everyone shall do that but I would not! Ms Peter instructed me before this term started by sending my Mother a letter saying that I have to be responsible for Harriet!" Everyone gasped with their moths hanging, "Surely not!" Rachel gasped, while Tammy smiled, she was lying. She wanted the girls to believe her and that was the most possible reason. Actually, Tammy wanted to discipline Harriet herself without the others and make Harriet one of her- the same as her. She hated Harriet's behaviour when she heard the sickly sweet voice she used on her.

Daffy smiled, "well, well, girls. Since Tammy Pic here says so, let's just send them both to convetry!" Everyone nodded their head though half of them believed Tammy.

"Do you think she's lying?" Hilary asked Daffy when she went back to her seat. Daddy shook her head, "Hilary, I don't think so. But I saw the sly look on Harriet's face. Do you think she made Tammy do that? Like by giving her money?" But Hilary could not say anything for Mamzelle rapped the table with her knuckles and bellowed, "girls! Take out French dictee and I will go through what we are going to be learning this term, én cèst paś?" Everyone didn't protest that for they knew that nothing will persuade Mamzelle to ignore French dictée.

After hours of going through French dictée, French was finally over. Daffy looked at Hilary with a meancing glare at Harriet who was looking at Hilary and her with her eyes dancing. "Well, so what do you want to say, Daf?" Hilary asked the glaring Daffy. "About that.... do you think Harriet made Tammy do that?" Hilary glanced at Tammy, who had her head buried in a book. "Well, I don't think so, Daffy for we know that Harriet is someone whom we cannot stand much of her. She likes throwing all her airs and graces around and make things difficult for us, but I don't think that she has the capability to do that." Daffy nodded, "Well, what you said is true, but we don't know her. She might do that just to get hold of our admiration, Hilary! We can't suspect that Harriet ordered Tammy to do that!" Hilary sighed, "well, it seems that you are right, Daf. Because by the look of it, they are at loggerheads! So we must stand by and see what will happen." Daffy pursed her lips. "Okay, Hilary. That's a really good plan!" But things got worse when Penny came over with Gladys and told her what had happened before Mamzelle came in.

"Well! Things get weirder and weirder Everyday!" Exclaimed Hilary after Gladys finished her story. Daffy huffed. "We have no choice! Let's hold a meeting!" Penny had had exclaimed when she heard Daffy huff. Daffy nodded her head approvingly at Penny, "that's the way, Penny. Golly! So many things had happened since I came here!" Hilary punched Daffy's arm good naturedly, "Daffy! Don't say that! Come on, guys let's go to Rachel and Pam so that they can arrange a meeting."

"Without Tammy Pic and Harriet Perris!" Added Daffy brightly. So the four girls went to Pam's table, and poured out what they wanted Pam to do. Rachel listened, and without hesitation, she nodded in agreement, "Pam, I think they are right. We should do that! Things are going to get worse if we don't do anything!" Pam blew out the air in her cheeks, "Rachel, that's right. Come on, girls. We have to inform Janet, Ginny, Nora, Tessa and the girls that we want to come to the meeting during break." So the girls went around and told the girls about their meeting.

"Let's hope it will go well!" Janet had commented when Rachel told her. "Shush, Harriet heard you! Lucky Tammy didn't!" Harriet came over and asked politely, "what will go well?"

"Oh, just a joke." Rachel answered for Janet who seemed to be struggling to find her words. "Oh." Harriet said and with a flick of her hair, walked back to her seat. "Idiot! You nearly gave us away!" Janet sighed, "Sorry, Rach." But Rachel was not a girl who lost her temper easily, "its okay, Janet. See you later." She patted Janet's arm and ran back to where Daffy, Penny, Pam, Hilary were. "Are you alright, Janet?" Ginny asked Janet, concerned about her. "Hm? Oh, yup! I'm alright!" Janet replied Ginny. "Let's just hope that our meeting will really be alright." Said Janet with a hint of uncertainty in her voice. That made Ginny worried. Her Best Friend barely said such words. She glanced at Janet, "what do you mean?" Janet sighed, "I've got a really bad feeling that something is going to get bad."