Chapter 3- For The First Time

ANNA

"Your majesty?" I heard a gentle, loud knock on my bedroom door. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. The puffiness was gone and the tears had dried up from last night's encounter. I couldn't sleep well last night but now, it's as if I hadn't slept in ages. Just the thought of the soft linen pillows and my silky blanket... Made me... ZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

"Princess Anna?" The voice began to ring and echo dreadfully upon my eardrums. Within an instant, I opened my eyes and wiped the drool dripping at the edge of my mouth.

"Mhnnh?" I groggily tried to open my lips and form an answer. "Mnheh... Mhyeaaah?" I scratched my head and stretched my arms.

"Sorry to disturb you, your majesty--"

"Disturb? Ha.. Naahhh.." I held back a yawn and pulled strands of my oddly golden streak, which I was born with as to what my parents told me, out of my mouth. "I... I was up for hours.. ZzzZzz..." I dozed off but then awoke when my head fell to my knees.

"Well.. I'm here to tell you that they're about to open the gates. I-It is coronation day after all..."

"Coronation day? Yeah... Coronation day..." I repeated to myself, sleepily. I was about to surrender back to sleep's arms but I had realized-- "CORONATION DAY?!" I screamed as my eyes widened with astonishment.

Breathe, Anna, Breathe.. We can't pass out right now! This us our chance! I thought to myself as I planned my great adventure.

"Y-yes, your highness... Would it be fine if I come in? I brought your breakfast... " She asked. Ahh, Amalia. She was my personal maid, and my best friend all these years. She was always patient with me and took care of me since I was a little kid. Mama and Papa chose her, when I was three, to look after me whenever they'd be on trips and... Since then, she looked after me. She was nice and caring. She used to take care of Elsa too. But for some reason, Elsa preferred to be alone.

"Door's open! Come in!" I squeed excitedly as I ran to the bathroom and hurriedly took a nice, warm bath.

I jumped around as I put on my shoes. I was wearing my olive green dress. It was made for occasions such as today. My hair was braided into a bun with ribbons neatly placed behind. I placed light make-up... Not really fond of the thing. I avoided the eye shadow. Like seriously, No thanks. I mean, hey, this is a once in a lifetime event! I need to look great today. But at the same time, I don't want to look like some kind of clown. But more importantly, I'll be meeting new people! My heart pounded hard and fast. I could feel the excitement enter and revolve in my veins. Today's the coronation day!

After bidding Amalia farewell I ran out hurriedly and as I looked around, they began to prepare and set up the rooms. I felt the cool tingling feeling on my fingers as I stared at them, grasping each moment. I need to treasure every second and grasp every speck of moment!

Click!

The sound of the unlocking of locks on the windows echoed through the hall. I turned my head to its direction and gasped aloud. "They're opening up the windows! What a sight for sore eyes! This is so exciting! Well, not until today..." I ran to the window and felt the coolness of the air upon my cheeks. I breathed heavily and savoring the scent of the sea breeze.

Click!

The door flew open and dozens of maidens, carrying plates, went out carefully in a line. "Woooah. I didn't know we owned eight thousand salad plates!" I chirped as I picked one up and examined it for a few moments. My attention faced through every single bit of the castle as I watched the butlers open every door and window. I glanced out and my smile grew wider. "Woah... Finally they're opening up the gates! I can't wait any longer!!" I muttered happily.