Aftermath of the battle / 13

It was super calm. But the impression tricked. On the crooked floor two bodies were lying there. It seemed that both of them were unconscious but they were not. The first one, a shinobi with a purple belt and a long sword on his back slowly began standing up.

Sasuke Uchiha was on his feet and looked at the second shinobi that was lying some meters away from him. Sasuke sniffed. He had to be dead. His Kirin must have destroyed him. But he was wrong. Naruto was still breathing and he was awake but could not get on his feet. Sasuke grinned. He was once again not able to finish Sasuke off. So Naruto failed once again and Sasuke finally had the chance to kill him and finish what he couldn't finish some years ago.

Sasuke drew his sword and slowly moved towards Naruto. Even though he could walk, Sasuke still felt super sore. The use of his modified cursed mark and his most powerful jutsu, the Kirin, left it's traces on his body. He felt super tired. Yet was he surprised to see that Naruto was able to counter his Kirin and survive it. Sasuke wasn't even sure that Itachi would have been able to survive the lightning beast.

Sasuke stood upon Naruto. He looked down at him. His most dangerous rival was now helpless and ready to be killed. Sasuke grinned. Finally he could do another great step on his path of revenge. He lifted his sword and pointed the sword pike at Naruto's stomach. Only one more hit and it would be done. This regular rendevouz with the blonde would be over. He could live freely and be free to hunt Itachi down. One more stab.

He motioned to move and...

Sasuke felt a massive kick in his stomach. Sasuke growled and was blasted away. He needed much more time to get up as he used all of his energy to fight Naruto. He slowly stood up and was met with the long blonde named Ino Yamanaka.

He chuckled. So the flower banshee was protecting Naruto, eh?

"I can't believe you could really hurt your crush."

Ino stood there silently and didn't respond. That washed Sasuke's grin away.

"Come one, blondie. Don't tell me it didn't hurt you to kick your crush, eh?"

"You are not my crush, Uchiha. I am not 13 years old."

"So I don't have a place in your heart anymore, just like I did in the academy?"

Ino growled. "It all ended several years ago."

"When I left the village?"

"When he entered the classroom for the first time.", Ino said motioning his head to Naruto.

Sasuke stared at her in disbelief, then began grinning and started to laugh like a crazy maniac. "You're telling me you're feeling much more for this dobe than for me? You are such a joke, Yamanaka."

"Do you want another kick in your stomach or even better - your manhood?"

Sasuke's laugh died and turned into an evil glare. "You dare to threaten me you bitch?"

"I am so close to killing you so keep your head down, traitor."

Sasuke growled and began moving towards Ino as he pointed his sword at her. "Call me once more traitor and you'll be dead, you bitch."

Before he could attack her, a strong wind appeared out of nowhere and forced Sasuke to retreat.

"You won't hurt them, traitor."

Temari appeared next to Ino and joined her in protecting the disabled blonde ninja. And before Sasuke could throw another threat at them, out of the hole in the ground the rest of Naruto's squad appeared: Sai, Hinata and Kankuro.