Perfect Prom AU

As you admired your appearance in the mirror, you realised that, in this moment, everything was perfect.

Your outfit was a bright blue like the sky. The soft silk hugged your curves as you smoothed out the edges. It was neither tight, nor loose. It fit amazingly.

It meant everything to you. It was the end of an era for yourself, and your classmates. Years and years of school had cultivated to this special night. To prom.

You loved your classmates and you were unbelievably more than excited to see them however they all paled in comparison to the person you were going with.

'You look...', a soft voice came from the doorway behind you. You rotated on the spot to spot her standing in the doorway to your room. The girl shook her head lightly, her cheeks flushed. 'you look great', she finally finished as she looked up to make eye contact with you. You saw the gold sparks in her eyes dance as the contact lingered for a few seconds.

'Just great?', you fired back sarcastically, a small pout gracing your lips.

'More than great', she stalked closer, hands slipping out of her pockets as they reached out for your waist. 'You look beautiful', she finally finished.

'mm, that's what I like to hear', you told her, satisfied with her response. You leant in slightly bringing both of you closer together. Your faces were inches apart as she had already closed the distance between you.

You heard her breath catch as your eyes glanced down to her lips. Still, you did not move in for a kiss. She was always the dominant one in the relationship so if you could switch the roles once, even for a minute, you would jump at the chance. Based on her reaction, It was clearly working.

'Your mom let me in'. The silence was finally broken when she jerked a thumb back towards the staircase leading up to your room. You merely hummed in response.

'So, Prom?'

.
.
.

You watched from the drinks table as Carol danced with her friends, a genuine smile stretched across her face. Her careless, goofy dancing made you fall in more in love with her bopping figure.

Despite softly holding your drinks in both your hands you didn't return to her on the other side of the dance floor. Instead, you watched as she proved to you that you were falling for the right person. That you had asked out the right person. That you were dating the right person.

Carol's eyes catched yours from across the room. They seemed to light up even more when she saw you. You both watched each other for a minute while everything else faded away as you entranced in each others gentle gaze.

Eventually, Carol made the first move towards you.

'Going to bring those drinks over?'

'No, I don't think I will'

'And why would that be?' she asked back, her head cocking to the side. She was too cute when she did that.

You simply handed her her drink in response.

'I got distracted.' you finally responded. You rested your weight on the table as you let Carol tower over you. 'You're very distracting, after all.'

'Oh yeah?' Carol sounded amused.

'Oh, yeah' you reassured, giggling along at the end.

'Well then, can I ask you for a dance? Or are you too distracted?' She inquired as you reached her hand out to you.

'I would love to dance with you'.

.
.
.

With a few huffs, you collapsed into the passenger seat of Carol's car. A fit of giggles erupted from your lips as you thought back on the fun you've had, specifically Carol trying to carry you bridal style.

Carol quickly entered the drivers seat as a sloppy grin presented itself on her pretty face. Neither of you would be forgetting that romantic attempt any time soon.

Soon you were driving in a comfortable silence. Ever the gentleman, Carol was dropping you off at your house first.

Staring out the window, you noticed the way the stars glistened off of each other. The sky was tranquil as the burning bright light slipped through the amassing darkness surrounding it.

Looking over, Carol was focused intensly on the road, her eyebrows furrowed. The small crease was pretty cute, you had to admit.

Slowly you reached over, intertwining your hand with hers that rested on her lap. She only smiled in response as she gave your hand a squeeze, never diverting her eyes from the road.

Eventually you reached your doorstep. You didn't want to say goodbye, after all you'd had a lot of fun. Carol's eye betrayed her as they dart to your lips.

'You were wonderful', she told you, her eyes looking deeply into yours.

'Not as wonderful as you'. Your voice trailed off as you finished your sentence. You were too distracted.

Finally, you crashed your lips onto hers. You relished in the soft feelings of her lips, cupping her face almost desperately. She responded back by pulling your waste into her, deepening the kiss.

It was unlike any other kiss you've shared before. It was so full of love and affection, the perfect way to end the perfect evening. You wouldn't have it any other way.

A/n
Exams are over so I'm finally getting back into writing (even though it's been months).

Also I just want to mention Sudan. I'm sure most people will already know what's going on, if you want there's essentially a genocide happening with rights we take for granted being violated.

If you can please donate to charities such as save the children and others which you can all find through network for good (http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/international/sudan/) as well as other ways to help.

If you can't donate, please help spread awareness. Some people have been changing their profile pictures to blue and you can spread links for ways to help. It's a crisis and the people of Sudan need our help.