ELEVEN

"My parents want me to go back to the hospital this summer," she said, reading over her letter.

"I'm sorry," Regulus said from behind her, arms around her waist. "Why did they put you in to begin with?"

"I had a breakdown when they pulled me out of school," she said softly. "I don't want to go to the hospital or that house ever again."

He kissed behind her ear, holding her close. Her face felt warm, she wanted to hide. She never told Regulus the real reason she was sent there.

Her parents had been on the fence and after the breakdown they thought they had no choice.

She gently stepped out of his arms and set the letter in the fire that burned in the little room they'd found. She sat in front of the flames, glad for their warmth.

"I have to go," Regulus said, studying his watch.

"Another meeting? How much could there be to talk about?" she scoffed, looking up at him.

He shrugged. "I don't know. But if I don't go they could kill me. Could kill you so I'd rather just go."

It was the only thing they fought over.

The Death Eater meetings his parents and friends dragged him to. Olivia despised their beliefs and the danger Regulus was constantly in.

"Please just be careful," she said finally.

He nodded. He grabbed his coat and slipped out of the room.

Ollie looked over at the yarn and knitting needles to her right. Her hands grabbed bunches of Regulus' sweater that she wore. The one she had knit for him.

She hadn't been allowed knitting needles in the hospital. And she hadn't been able to bring herself to do it since she'd been home.

Something in her was broken. It all started after Avery's shit in the fall.

Olivia Potter wasn't as shy or quite as she'd once been. Now she was actually more outgoing. Perhaps she'd grown sick of the shadows after her near death experience.

Or maybe it was Regulus.

He challenged what she thought she knew.

She grabbed her wand and headed up the the astronomy tower. She felt overwhelmed. It was normal at her age to have an identity crisis, but she wasn't ready to confront it.

A few minutes after her arrival, James appeared.

"Ollie," he said softly. "Ollie. I think Regulus is in danger."

"What?" she breathed out, staring at him. Panic raced through her chest.

"They want to Mark them, Ollie. I heard some of the Slytherins talking while I was under the cloak..." he whispered. "I know his parents drag him along."

"He can't—he wouldn't..." she shook her head.

"If he doesn't, you know what's gonna happen," he said, grabbing her hand.

She couldn't worry about herself anymore. The war was no longer some distant thing. It was real and it was happening, her boyfriend was on the front lines.

"The map, do you have it," she said. She had to think straight. He pulled it out. "Watch the entrances. I need to know exactly when he's back."

Sweet, innocent Olivia had no place in the war. This Olivia did.

And she would do anything to keep her boyfriend safe.