Part 1 Of Prologue

☆*:.。. o▽o .。.:*☆

"Are you sure that this will work?" Vanessa said, clutching onto her baby son, fear etched on her face.

Quirin sighed, he hated it when his wife would second guess things, because it would make him second guess everything. "I'm sure that this'll work." He replied, barely believing it himself, "No one has ever heard of The Fallen Star, very little is known about it, which is why I'm sure the brotherhood will never learn about it."

This time, it was Vanessa's turn to sigh, "I know they won't find out, I mean, will he be able to handle it?" She responded back, looking down at her son with her worried, hazel eyes.

"Y-Yes, I am sure that Gothel knows what she is doing." He assured her, looking around the entrance of a cave. "Speaking of which, where on Earth is she?"

"I'm over here." A voice piped in, and out from the forest, came a woman. She had jet-black hair, gray eyes, and a black coat covering a red velvet dress. "Sorry to keep you waiting, it took forever to get here. I'm sure you understand."

Quirin nodded, it did take some time to get to this cave, two weeks at least. "It's nice to see you again, Gothel. Shall we begin?" Quirin said, gesturing towards the cave. "We shall." Gothel replied in an almost cold manner. Vanessa didn't know what, but something about Gothel's voice made her shiver.

They all walked inside, Gothel leading them through.

Quirin didn't fully trust Gothel, he didn't know where she came from, who she was, or why she even wanted to do this. But it didn't matter to him, he would do anything to help his son.

His son, Varian.

Varian had been sick for almost a month, and it wasn't getting any better. It wasn't your run-of-the-mill cold, it was something much worse. It was practically incurable, which terrified the parents beyond relief. That is, until, they met Gothel. They encountered her one day when they were walking in the forest, discussing any possible cures for their son. She seemed to pop out of nowhere, she just came to them and told them that there was a way she could help them.

The Fallen Star.

It was rarely heard of, it wasn't as nearly as popular as the Sundrop. It was even more unheard of than the Moonstone. Everyone seemed to forget about its existence. But it was in fact, real. Although it didn't have any healing powers, it would provide life support for Varian. So they had to try.

They met up here to use The Fallen Star.

They continued to walk around inside the cave's labyrinth, looking as if they barely made any progress. Vanessa started to doubt the plan, and hesitated to continue along. Quirin, however, was more determined than ever to reach the star.

They soon entered a room inside the tunnels.

It was a beautiful sight, vines all over the walls, the walls having marks and engravings etched onto it, a hole in the ceiling that allowed the sky to spill in, the starlights twinkling above the hole. And in the middle, above a crater of water, was The Fallen Star.

The star glimmered and shimmered. It's illuminating sight taking the breath away from both parents. The crater of water below it was still, almost like a glass pane, staring into it showed your reflection crystal clear.

"Let's begin." Gothel piped in, holding out her hand.

Vanessa hesitated, but slowly gave Gothel her child, "Don't hurt him." She coldly said, glaring deeply into Gothel's face. The mother didn't seem to faze her however, and she quickly went to the crater of water that was below The Fallen Star.

She placed Varian's swaddled body into the crater, making him float and drift in the water. And unexpectedly, started to sing an incantation.

"Crossroads of destiny,
Show me the path,
Reveal to me my fate,
Tell me what's wrong,
What's right...

Give me the truth,
Guide me if I'm lost,
Open up your heart,
Tell me what's wrong,
What's right...

Wrong and right..."

As Gothel sang, The Fallen Star glowed brighter with every verse, and once she finished, a ray of light was reaching out to Varian. Gothel then continued once more, and the ray of light then touched Varian's head.

Until suddenly, Varian's brown hair was slowly turning into a dark blue. His eyes turned into a dark blue as well instead of its usual hazel. His hair also had highlights of a deep purple and small bits of stardust that glowed with The Fallen Star.

Once The Fallen Star finished giving its power to Varian it dimmed, it became a darkened, dull orb that had no shine to it at all.

Varian's hair and eyes glowed brightly, and he seemed to have more life inside him. He started laughing, and Gothel quickly pulled his swaddled body out of the water. "I can't believe it! He's cured!" Vanessa exclaimed, grinning ear to ear. Quirin beamed and reached out his arms for Gothel to give him his child, but for some reason, she turned the other way and started running.

"Gothel?! Gothel!" Quirin called out to her, but it proved no use, she was heading towards the tunnels that exited out of the cave. "Stay here, I'll get her!" Quirin yelled to his wife, chasing after Gothel.

Quirin ran through the tunnels, desperately trying to reach the women who was stealing his son. It appears that through all the running, Gothel got lost in the maze of tunnels. She turned to a dead end and heard the heavy steps of a rushing man. She could climb up the walls, but the baby would make that far to difficult to manage. But if she stayed there with the child, she would sure be killed by an angry father. With nothing left to chose, Gothel left Varian on the floor, and quickly started to climb up the wall.

Once Quirin reached the dead end, he noticed that Gothel was nowhere to be seen, and his newborn son was on the floor. He quickly ran over to Varian and picked him up, his hair and eyes were no longer glowing, but they still were their new colors. Quirin started to head back to his wife, and hopefully together find a way out of the cave's labyrinth.

Vanessa paced around in the cave, waiting anxiously for her husband to arrive, with hopefully, Varian in his arms. She looked around the room and noticed the writings on the walls, although they were in a different language, a translated part was written below some of them. She was about to read some of them, until she heard her husband's footsteps approaching.

At least, she hoped they were her husband's footsteps.

"Quirin!" She said, relief washing over her to see her son in his arms. She ran over to her husband and wrapped her arms around his large torso.

"Where's Gothel?" She asked him, worry consuming her once more. "No idea." He sighed, breaking from the hug. "I knew we couldn't trust her!" Vanessa growled, "I'm sorry, hon. I should've have listened to you." Quirin said to her, bowing down his head in guilt. "Hey, it's fine. It worked didn't it?" She assured him, looking at her son with relief. "I suppose, I hope it won't affect him terribly in the future." He sighed, "So do I." She added, carefully taking Varian in her arms. "Let's just get out of here, okay?" She whispered to him, fearful eyes scanning the room.

"Yes, please." Quirin chuckled, holding his wife's hand and entering the tunnels.

☆*:.。. o▽o .。.:*☆

(Author's Note: Heya! It's here! There is a lot of prologue to come, sorry, but I really want everyone to understand Varian's backstory before we fully begin. I even gave Varian's mother a name, Vanessa.
Also, ANOTHER INCANTATION?!
WHAAAAAAATT?!
Crazy, huh? But yeah, since it is highly unlikely that Varian is the Moondrop, I created The Fallen Star. Since the Sundrop is about life/healing, and Moonstone is about death/withering, what could The Fallen Star be? Well, I was thinking destiny and time. It takes time to reach life and death, and destiny determines how and when you'll get there. It's kinda in the middle, the stabilizer of life and death. But yeah, I have no idea what to call this incantation. Perhaps you could give me some suggestions?)