Part 2 Of Prologue

☆*:.。. o▽o .。.:*☆

"Mommy! Look what I found!" The 3 year old said, his dark blue eyes twinkling with discovery.

Vanessa glanced over and saw her son holding a daisy. "It's so pretty, Varian!" She exclaimed, Varian beamed and held it up to her, "Is it for me?"

The toddler nodded excitedly, Vanessa gently took it from him and smelled it. "Thank you so much! I'll be sure to put it one of special vases." She said, gesturing to her pottery. "Ok! I'll go find some more!" Varian yelped, rushing back outside.

Vanessa shook her head in amusement, he son was always looking for something to do.

He still had his dark blue hair with purple highlights and stardust that shined in the light. Not mention his eyes were the same, dark blue and always twinkling. Of course, they couldn't keep it a secret from him that he had magic, for he found out about it before they could tell him. Almost everyone in Old Corona knew, which worried the parents, but they never really spoke about it unless it caused them trouble.

It was growing hard to control his magic, it seemed to be tied with his emotions. Seeming how emotions lead people in life, it was no surprise that The Fallen Star's magic would be like that. Nevertheless, it didn't matter as much because Varian was always happy. Sure, he'd get a little sad at times, but he always seemed to brush it off and continue on. Vanessa loved that about her son, his ability to pick himself back up.

His happiness was really strong, so the magic would rarely be catastrophic. It would always be a sort of orb of light that would appear, illuminating the room for a while until the emotion cooled down.

But sometimes, his magic would freak people out, including the parents. One part that freaked out people the most, was his ability to predict things. Small things, but he would still predict them. Like the time he predicted Uncle Monty's special candy of the week, banana taffy, or when he predicted that Quirin would accidentally fall down the stairs, which he did.

Even if it was harmless, Varian's parents would always limit him to magic. They feared that when he grows older, it would get stronger, and possibly dangerous.

Varian's little hunt for daisies was interrupted once a large figure suddenly lifted him up. "Hehe! Daddy! Put me down! I'm looking for flowers for Mommy!" Varian yelped, "Is that so? Need any help?" Quirin asked, putting his son down. "No thanks! I got this!" The toddler proudly said, standing in an empowered pose. "Haha! You sure do, just remember to come back inside before dark." Quirin told his son, heading towards their home.

Quirin stepped inside his house and was happy to see his wife doing her pottery. "Daisies, huh?" He inquired, Vanessa chuckled, "Yup," She said, amused, "I'll finally have some flowers to put in these vases"

"Aren't you supposed to be selling these?" He asked, pointing at the various selections of pottery. "Well, yeah, but I already have those done, might as well make more." She replied, setting one down on the drying rack. "Guess I'll start dinner, did you remind Varian to come inside before sunset?" She questioned him, cleaning off her hands on her apron. "Yes, I did." He responded, crossing his arms, "Lets hope it stuck." "Mhm." She mumbled, bringing out the pot.

Nightfall was approaching, and Varian was wandering in the woods, carrying a handful of flowers. He hummed himself a little tune, a tune he had never heard, but felt very familiar with. Once he picked more than he can carry, he looked at the sky and noticed it was becoming dark.

"Already?" He groaned, looking at the flowers in his hand. "Oh well! Guess I have to go home!" He said, dropping his bad mood immediately. He looked around once more, "Umm..." He mumbled, realizing that he completely unaware of where he is. "Uh oh..." He said to himself, starting to panic.