Maybe?

Lisa pov.
Saturday~07.00~

My alarm woke me up from a peaceful good-night's sleep. When I opened my eyes, I was instantly greeted by a brightly illuminated room. I blinked my eyes a few times, reaching for my phone, turning off the alarm.
The room was silent, and the bed next to me was empty.

"Jennie's probably up already." I said to myself.
I spent some time picking out what to wear and doing my makeup, before heading down the stairs.

I dragged my feet along the floor until I reached the kitchen. My nostrils got filled with a delightful, sweet smell.

"Mmm, something smells really good~" I praised, looking around kitchen, trying to find the oh-so-great chef.
Just then a head popped up from the other side of the counter.

"You think so? Wait 'til you taste it!" Jennie proudly presented a small stack of pancakes. There was a few burned ones placed next to a bowl of smooth-looking batter.

"Need some help?" Seeing the amount of batter left, and the mess she had made, I offered to help.
She smiled and pointed towards the pan.

"Maybe you could take over here? I thought it was going to be easier..."
She looked embarassed and flustered, standing with arms behind her back and cheeks flaring red.
She looked adorable~

"Of course. You should start cleaning, though." I moved to the other side and took the spatula laying by the pan.

We minded our own business for a few minutes, but then I felt a pair of arms snaking around my waist. I peeked over my shoulder looking at Jennie smiling, closing her eyes, tightening her grip on me.
A tint of red made its way up my cheeks. She stood so close, arms tightly wrapped around me, smiling so beautifully.

I wish our relationship could become something more. But it just can't, right? We're too close friends, and I wouldn't do anything to risk that. Better to play it safe for now, I guess...