Little Yellow Riding Hood - Part (2) of (3)

The throne room of The Moon Temple become brighter with the presence of The Goddess of The Moon, but the air in the room was getting thinner and thinner, which made Ah Si feel suffocated.

Especially with the silence...

He was very nervous.

"No."

Finally, the Goddess answered him firmly, breaking the silence. Her cold voice strike through Ah Si's heart, piercing his heart into thousands of pieces.

He lifted his head, disappointment evident in his face.

"Why, My Highness?" He bravely asked.

"No reason. Just... No." She answered him coldly.

He felt like something heavy had fallen onto his chest, and made a bit difficult for him to inhale some air into his lungs.

"Could you please, consider it again, My Highness?" He tried his luck to ask her again.

"No. It's my final answer. You can leave now."

Heaving a deep breath, he then stood up and bowed his head towards the Goddess. "Yes, My Highness, thank you."

He just turned around to walked towards the exit of the temple when he saw Shancai still kneeling on the ground.

He frowned.

Why is she still kneeling?

"My Highness, The Great Goddess of The Moon, can i also ask for your benevolence to grant Daoming Si's request? Please take his request into your consideration." She asked her bravely.

The face of the goddess changed, she frowned. "Shancai... Do you really ask me for these bizarre things? What happened to you? Has your heart softened towards him?"

"My Highness... I..."

"And now you call me my highness?" She cut her words off.

"Mother..."

"Mother?" Ah Si gaped at her, stopping her talk. He just staring at his little girl in a yellow hoodie. He couldn't believe his ears.

Mother?

Wait... he's a goddess' daughter?

But she's a human?

Wait...

So she's not a human?

I confuse...

He stayed still, rooted in his place, and just staring at her blankly, while she continued to talk.

"Mother, i beg you."

"Shancai..."

Heaving a deep breath, Shancai began to talk again. "Mother, i know him for a long time, since he was a child. He is a nice person, a kind person. I had transformed myself into a cat and tried to get close to him, only to check if he would hurt me, but he wasn't. He gave me his food. I had transformed myself into a cub in a trap, and he released me. He's a good person, Mother. I always keep my eyes on him, and i never saw him doing something not responsible or bad things. So please, i beg you, mother, grant his request."

Ah Si frowned...

A cat? A cub? What is she? - He thoughts...

"Shancai, i told you to keep your eyes on them. On the werewolves clan. NOT to keep your eyes ONLY on him, or worse, fall in love with him." The Goddess answer her daughter pleas coldly.

Shancai stunned, her eyes widened, and slowly, the red color began to fill her porcelain-like color cheeks.

Ah Si was dumbfounded, and at lost for words.