Chapter 166 - The lawless area in the capital

In his own Divine Realm, Rodcorte regretted the decision that he had made approximately three years ago.

That decision was having the 'Perseus' Samejima Yuuri reincarnated in the Legston family of earls.

It had been immediately after the 'Gungnir' Kaidou Kanata's soul was broken by Vandalieu. It was the time when Rodcorte had become significantly more wary of Vandalieu. But three of the reincarnated individuals, including Perseus, had refused to fight Vandalieu, saying that they wanted nothing to do with him.

And so, Rodcorte had reincarnated them in environments where they would likely one day be forced to confront Vandalieu whether they wanted to or not.

"The decision should not have been an incorrect one at the time," Rodcorte murmured to himself.

Vandalieu had already acquired the Dead Spirit Magic Skill at the time, but he hadn't acquired the Guider Job, and while the Demon King's blood resided in his body, he hadn't ever activated it... or least, Rodcorte hadn't been aware that he had.

And because Vandalieu had thought of the Mirg shield-nation and the Amid Empire that ruled it as threats at the time, he had always been vigilant against them but never made any moves into the enemy nations himself.

That was why Rodcorte had predicted that there would be time before Perseus and the others would have to face Vandalieu, at least enough to develop to some extent... at least enough for them to become adults or teenagers at the very least.

In order to protect the reincarnated individuals' minds, Rodcorte had made it so that their memories and personalities would not return until five or six years after their reincarnation. It could be assumed that one of the reasons Vandalieu gained strength at an abnormal rate was because this safeguard had been removed for some reason, resulting in him regaining his memories and personality immediately after being born and then gaining strength on his own in order to survive.

Rodcorte guessed that this advantage was what had allowed him to defeat Gungnir and destroy his soul at the age of seven. At the same time, he had also guessed that this development would not continue for much longer.

The races of Lambda were far superior to the humans of Earth and Origin in physical ability and fighting strength, but they would always encounter walls in their development process.

Even Vandalieu, who was born as one of Vida's races – a Dhampir – shouldn't have been an exception to this.

"But less than three years after that, he developed so much that he was able to crush members of the Fifteen Evil-breaking Swords, who are among the strongest of Lambda's humans. Ah, there was an Elf and a half-Elf as well, right?" said Aran.

"Elves and Dwarves count as humans in that world," Izumi pointed out. "More importantly, what are we going to do? About Samejima... Sarua. At this rate, he'll be taken to Talosheim soon."

Rodcorte remained silent.

To think that Vandalieu's development hadn't stopped... in fact, it had accelerated, defying Rodcorte's expectations. Now that things had come to this, having Perseus reincarnated in the Legston family of earls, with whom Vandalieu had connections to, could only be called a mistake.

If Perseus was reincarnated in the family of the marshal that had sent the Mirg shield-nation's expedition army to Talosheim, born to a father who had lost his younger brother and his family's reputation with the expedition's failure, would he not feel a desire to fight against Vandalieu once he became an adult?

"That's probably what you were thinking, but... I think you should have thought more about the circumstances that humans face," sighed the 'Oracle' Endou Kouya, who had joined Aran and Izumi in becoming Rodcorte's familiar spirits.