CHAPTER 6

"So, how're you, Luna?"

She had just sat down next to Nikki after passing him a beer, stretching her legs out into his lap whilst he twiddled with a pencil, staring down his notebook. Taking a sip of her own bottle, she rolled her eyes at Vince's question, staring back as he smirked at her. Mick was sat stretched out in the beaten up arm chair (yet probably the most comfortable one) and Tommy was running around the apartment with a bottle of hairspray and a lighter, chasing roaches.

"Just dandy, thanks for asking, Vince." She replied, voice monotone as it could possibly be.

"Still fucking bassists I see?"

"Still a grade A wanker?"

"This better not be a regular occurrence because of your little history," Mick broke in. "Because if so I'll just bash your heads together now and be done with it."

"I can be civil if she can." He smirked.

"Who said we weren't being civil?" Luna stared him down, her own smile twisting into a devious one. Oh yeah, he thought he was clever, but she was blessed with a silver tongue too. "Wonder if Barbie knows about your previous trips to the sexual health clinic. What was it? Herpes?"

That earned a chuckle from Mick, as well as Tommy as he came and jumped into the free chair besides the singer, whose face had dropped slightly. He took a sip from his cup and looked away, whilst she let out a girly giggle. She was about to continue, another embarrassing Vince moment resurfacing into her brain, until a hand began to crawl up her bare leg. Nikki looked at her with a smirk of his own, as he let his hand linger just above her knee. With a grin she manoeuvred herself, curling up next to him and resting her chin upon his shoulder innocently.

"So, here's my theory, okay?" He began to pitch his thoughts. "If we wanna knock people on their asses, we gotta give them a show. The punks, they're doing the minimalist thing, so let's take it in the exact opposite direction." Nikki explained, the others agreeing with him. "I'm talking a stadium show in the clubs, man. Like, costumes and lights and-"

"Pyro!" Once more Tommy held the can of hair spray in the air, holding a lighter to it. "Flames and shit!"

"Exactly!"

"Explosions!"

"Exactly!"

"Tommy, I swear to fucking god if you don't get that can of hair spray away from my hair, I'll burn your fucking black leather pants."

"Look, it's a fucking war out there," Nikki continued, ignoring Luna. "And the only way we win is by showing these kids something they've never seen before."

"So what do we call this thing?" Vince asked.

"Where is it, here." Nikki leaned forward, making the blonde next to him lean back against the leather as he began to search through a notepad before he finally settled on a page filled with red ink. "You know it's all about being, like, fucking larger than life."

Being sat behind him, she was the first one to see it, and nearly spat her drink out as she read the words, but for Nikki's own ego she covered her mouth whilst he proudly held up his work of art.

"Xmass?" The singer asked with confusion, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah."

"On a scale of one to ten, that gets a 1.9." Mick stated dryly, and from the other side she heard Tommy try and poorly conceal a chuckle.

"It's a play on Christmas." Nikki held his hands out like it was obviously. "You know, you can use all the Christ imagery and shit. It will piss people off and make people think, yahno?"