Chapter 7

"I'm Ashton.".

"I'm Fri..".

"I know.".

As soon as the words left his mouth, he scurried out of the room. The last thing I saw was his tail.

"Now, about Ashton." Marley had a low, quiet tone to her voice, like the words she spoke were sacred and rare.

"He's... Very quiet. No one really knows where he came from. I personally think that his past may have been a little... Rocky. I've been taking care of him for a few years now. Just please be careful.".

Nodding with each piece of new information, I started to wonder about the next couple weeks.

"Now, you'll be staying in the guest room. There's some cloths for you, were well prepared. I'll have Mikey to show you round..".

Marley jumped up, and jogged towards the stairs.

Moments later, the red head scrambled down the stairs, his tail wagging.

"Come on, Fri!" He grabbed my hand, practically dragging me up the wooden stairs.

He glanced around, his eyebrows furrowing in concentration. Eventually, he pulled me towards a plain white door.

"Welcome, to your home for the next however long you have to stay." Dramatically, he pushed the door open.

The room was like a messed up jigsaw puzzle, with little boys of everything mixed in. A barbie doll house, multiple All Time Low, Green Day, Blink-182 posters and many more, lamps that you would find in an antiques store.

It was like a ragdoll ; a little bit of whatever they could find.

"Cosy." I mumbled.

The eager to impress dog boy bounced up and down excitedly, making happy little noises.

"I'll leave you alone, then." Slamming the door a little too loudly, Michael left me alone.

Flopping down on the bed, I took in all of the events of the last hour.

I felt like on of the barbies in the pink play house a few steps away from me; shoved into a place that she doesn't really know about at all, and forced to live in ways she can't control.

Barbies should be interested in makeup and gossip.

But this barbie girl had an interest in a certain teddy bear, with the ears and tail of a cat.