tsunami • hongjoong

Requested by AllielovesTaeyongLee

genre: breakup au, make up au; angst

⋆ word count: 1.6k

description: you and hongjoong broke up months ago. It's killing both of you. Will there be any second chances?

warnings: angst, contains mentions of self-harm

I will put a warning when the mentions of self-harm will appear

♦*♦*♦*♦*♦*♦*♦*♦*♦

Three months.

It has been three months since the love of my life left me.

Three months since HongJoong left me.

Three months since he simply walked out of my life, never to look back.

Three months since my whole world came crashing down.

Three months since my heart broke into an uncountable amount of pieces.

Flashback to the Breakup

HongJoong had just texted me.

He told me that he needed to talk to me.

I was really excited because I hadn't seen him in two weeks. He was always working, he almost had no time to see me.

It hurt, of course. Yes, I did cry myself to sleep some nights. Yes, I did miss his gentle whispers of sweet nothings while he embraced me in his warm arms. But I understood. He worked hard for his dreams and his member's dreams. I always tried to support him as much as I could.

Around twenty minutes later I heard a knock on my front door.

I was greeted by a tired and unhappy HongJoong.

I quickly went in for a hug, but to my dismay, he stopped me from embracing him and giving him the love he deserved.

I looked at him confused and that's when his teary eyes came into contact with mine.

"What's wrong Joongie?"

He looked back down and let go of my arm.

"Y/N..... I think- I think we sh- should break up..."

Confusion, sadness, anger, hurt, and finally, realization crossed my mind.

"Wh-what?"

He looked back up to me and that's when his dam broke and the rivers of his tears came flooding out of his eyes causing my own to break too.

"I said, we. We should b-break up. I'm sorry"

And with those heart-wrenching words, he turned and left walking out of my life and leaving me on the floor crying after him.

End of Flashback

That night I couldn't sleep. The scene kept playing over and over again in my head.

My closest friend soon found out and she was the only one that helped me through my heartbreak. She fed me, helped me get myself together, and she was there when I needed someone to cry to. HongJoong used to be in this position when he had time. It made me think about the people who have gone through the same thing, without having anybody by their side not even one close friend. It made me realize how lucky I am to have a friend like her.