"We're doing space missions now"

*This story takes place two years after The Next Avengers by @emilyroses16. The X-Men are living at the school while Sarah, Peter, Wanda and Shuri live separately. Peter and Sarah have been dating for three years. Sarah is 23 years old.

  The X-Men stood in a group around the NASA space shuttle, anxiously awaiting their signal to board.
  Mystique was in her natural form with her short red hair, Storm grew her hair out even more, Nightcrawler stood with perfect posture and his tail swinging behind him, Cyclops wore new glasses to help him see, Wanda's hands glowed red, Beast was also in his natural form, Shuri painted white dots over her cheeks to symbolize strength, Quicksilver stood without his usual goggles on, Peter Parker wore his web shooter on his arms but not the uniform, and Sarah Rogers stood next to Peter, her hair had turned a full shade of red.

The ten of them all wore the yellow X-Men suits to make them an official team.
"You ready guys?" Mystique spoke out.
They all nodded.
"We're doing space missions now, cool," Quicksilver commented.
"Not just yet," Charles' English accent came through the doors along with Magneto. He rolled up to the group and smiled. "You all look excellent. Now, I wanted to wish you good luck on your journey and I'll be with you the whole time, in here." Charles pointed to his head with his left hand. Always, he sent the message to the ten kids along with Magneto.
  "Time to go," Beast instructed, opening the shuttle allowing them to proceed inside.
  Peter waved to Charles before boarding the shuttle.
Once everyone was buckled in, Beast put the shuttle in motion.
"3,....2,....1!"
The shuttle blasted through the building and into the outside air.
"Going up," Quicksilver commented as they ascended higher and higher. Sarah smirked at him. Her brother always lightened the mood.
As the shuttle left the atmosphere and they were on track in space, Cyclops asked, "Is everyone alright?"
"Yeah!"
"Yes!"
"We're good so far!"
"Onward," Storm announced.
After about an hour of flight and three games of iSpy, conducted by Quicksilver, the X-Men spotted the other shuttle in trouble.

  "Kurt, grab Quicksilver and go! Get in, get out!" Mystique instructed as the others stayed put

Quicksilver and Kurt transported to the other shuttle, "Be right back."

  Quicksilver grabbed every one of the stranded astronauts in a quick motion and threw them into the X-Men's shuttle

Quicksilver returned along with Kurt. "There were six men in total," Kurt pointed out.
  "We have enough room, don't worry," Mystique assured him.
  "Time to turn this around," Beast said. As he turned the shuttle, the X-Men spotted an unusual mass of orange and red solar flares. They were thin and glowing.
  "What is that?" Wanda asked anyone who would answer.
  "Solar flare," Beast responded. "I've never seen one like it."
  Before he could turn the shuttle more, the flare sucked in one of the people aboard the shuttle.
Shit! Sarah thought to herself.
  "Everyone duck!"
  Everyone on board took cover under the seats as the flare plowed through the shuttle to snatch its victim, everyone except Sarah. The mass grabbed her and pulled her out into space, surrounding her.

  Fear ran through her veins as the mass penetrated throughout her body

  Fear ran through her veins as the mass penetrated throughout her body. The pain built up as the entire mass was absorbed into her body, causing her to scream louder than ever. She was thrashed around by the power inside her before falling limp onto the roof of the shuttle.
  Everyone else in the shuttle heard the thud but were too rattled up to care, for now. They hadn't been affected.
  "Everyone okay?" Mystique questioned them, holding her bleeding head.
  Everyone shook their heads, either supporting blooding oozing out of their hands or a concussion. Kurt had a concussion and was told to sit down by Cyclops.
  "Guys sit down, we have to fly this shuttle back home immediately!"
  The team sat down disgruntled before Peter sat up, "Where's Sarah?!"
  "Oh no," Quicksilver gasped mostly to himself.
  "We have to find her! Now!" Peter shouted at Mystique.
  "We will! But stay calm!"
  Quicksilver ran out of the shuttle without thinking. He hopped onto the roof and saw Sarah lying there lifeless.
  "Sarah!" He yelled running up to her, grabbing her. He found her pulse after a few seconds and breathed a sigh of relief. The mass that had taken over her could not be seen on the outside, yet. Sarah opened her eyes which glowed dark yellow, but he hadn't noticed.
"Let's go!" Quicksilver tried to pull her back into the shuttle but the force inside her took control and yanked her away from him, causing her to begin falling through space down to Earth below.
  "SARAH!!!" Quicksilver and Peter screamed together.
What happened? Charles asked but no one answered.
Sarah feel towards Earth, plummeting through the atmosphere.
"Quicksilver, get her!" Mystique yelled.
"I can't do that! I can't float!"
"What are we going to do?!" Peter was going ballistic.
"I don't know," Beast said.
"YOU'RE JUST GONNA LET HER FALL?!"
  "No we're not!" Wanda yelled, running to the door, concentrating and using her power to pull Sarah back up to the shuttle. Sarah was pulled in immediately and thrown to the ground by the force in her body, her eyes still shut.
  "Sarah!" Peter yelled.
  "Stay back!" Mystique yelled back, blocking him from running up with her arm. "Something happened and she could be dangerous. We need to get home as fast as we can."
  Beast turned the ship downward to Earth, sweating as they entered the atmosphere. Sarah was left alone on the seat to keep everyone safe.
  Twenty minutes later, the X-Men landed on the lawn of the School. Immediately, Charles wheelchaired over with Magneto at his side.
  "What happened?" he demanded to know.
  Cyclops jumped out of the shuttle with the rest of them while Wanda levitated Sarah.
  "Sarah was hit by a solar flare in space. No one else was hurt but we're all pretty shaken up," Mystique explained.
"Hank!" Charles yelled for Beast. "Have Wanda bring Sarah to your lab as soon as possible to do a standard medical checkup. Afterwards, I want to have a word with Sarah."
Beast/Hank nodded and headed for his lab.