Breakdown

The sun broke through the windows down in Hank's lab as the employees down there began their day of work. Hank, grabbing a needle from the medicine cabinet, stood over Sarah and began to draw her blood.
  "How many more times do we need to do this?" Sarah asked him with pure annoyance.
  "Until we figure out a way to get this out of you," he responded while concentrating on the needle in her vain. "This stuff is way to dangerous to pass off as something small. It's getting worse and I need to slow it down, Charles' orders."
  "Speaking of Charles," Sarah looked up at Hank curiously. "I haven't seen him in two days."
  "He's busy."
  "Soaking up the glory of the press? Lounging on a beach? Not caring about any of his students he 'cares about?'"
  "Looking for better ways to help you, Sarah," he snapped. "And yes, he does care about everyone of us. Since when have you been so quick to turn on him? I thought you admired him?"
  "I did. People change."

***
  The rain poured down on Sarah's face as she sat leaning against the old shed outback behind the mansion. Tears added to her soaked face. She missed her father and working with the Avengers team back in New York City but she knew things changed. She wanted so badly for the stuff inside her to be taken out. Already feeling it starting to take control, Sarah thought about peaceful thoughts to stop it.
The sound of the rain was enough to calm her. Peter was inside the mansion without a clue as to where she was, but she didn't want to bother him. Her state of mind was her number one priority.
"Hey," she heard a voice behind her. She turned around and saw Quicksilver drenched in rain water. Her heart began to race and she contracted butterflies in her stomach. These feelings were new upon each time she saw him. Her other feelings towards Peter were slowly ending.
"Hi," she responded. Quicksilver sat down next to her and immediately grasped her hand, intwining his fingers with hers.
"What are you doing?" Sarah questioned him. "I'm with Peter."
"Look, Sarah, I-I'm in love with you, okay? Every time I see you, my entire body just—I don't know—lights up. When I saw you laying there lifeless on top of that ship, my heart broke. I didn't know what to do, at all. You've been distant with me lately, cold. I mean, I don't know what I did. I can leave you alone if you want, is that what you want? I put your feelings before my own. I love y-you. There I said it, and not just on some chalkboard. I won't let anyone hurt you. I just need to know how you feel."
  "Peter, I'll end up hurting you," she whimpered.
  "No you won't."
  Sarah began to cry more. "I hurt who I touch."
  "No you don't!"
  "Yes I do!" Sarah cupped her hands over her ears and a blast of energy blew from her body, sending Quicksilver flying through the grass.
  "No," Sarah whispered to herself with the realization of what she had just done.