Chapter 1: Newcomer

Newcomer

☾ Full moon ☽

I howl at the moon with the rest of my pack, celebrating my first change. My pack leader signals us to follow him, as he runs through the forest. This is the best feeling I have ever felt. It’s so exhilarating, how the adrenaline pumps through my body, running faster than most of my pack. We jump across a stream, heading to wherever our steps take us. We’re a small pack of five, but we don’t care how many members we have, just as long as we’re together.

Suddenly, we’re all cut off by a bigger pack of wolfbloods. Eleven or twelve others surrounded us, all growling and baring their fangs. Except one, who’s right in front of me. He gives me a pitiful look, with his big, round, golden eyes. His pack leader, thrusts forward, biting my pack leader right in the neck nearly killing him. The rest follow, attacking the other members of my pack.

I turn my attention back to the wolfblood that gave me a pitiful look, now having the look as if telling me to run. I turn back, running as fast I can away from the slaughter. I can still sense the other wolfblood trailing behind me, so I tried running faster, but that only resulted in me tripping over a root, and rolling over about three times, and hurting my back left paw.  The other wolfblood caught up to me, and started nudging me with his nose, trying to make me get up. When I did, he signaled me to follow him. He led me to two humans, one boy and one girl.

 “Rhydian?” the girl said in a questioning tone. The other wolfblood nodded. So that’s his name.

 “If that’s Rhydian, then who’s that?” the boy asked.

 Rhydian then pushed me towards them with his head, trying to tell me to follow them.

 “What, you want us to take her to Maddy and her parents?” the boy asks. Rhydian nodded again, then runs off back, deeper into the forest.

 “I guess we do what the man says,” the boy said, shrugging. I gave them a scared look, not knowing where they we’re taking, nor who this “Maddy” was.

 “Hey, it’s okay. We won’t hurt you. We’re friends with wolfbloods.” the girl says, “I’m Shannon, and this is Tom. You can trust us. Just follow us.” Shannon and Tom started walking out of the woods, me trailing behind. We finally reached what looked like the back of a human house. They led me to an opening that looked like an entrance to a cellar.

 “Go on in. We’ll come back tomorrow morning to explain to Maddy and Mr. and Mrs. Smith who you are,” Tom said. I gave them one last look before I jumped in.

Hi again! I hope you liked the first chapter! More chapters to come. (: Wolfblood version of Jade on the side. (: