Chapter 2: Maddy

Maddy

I took one last glance at Tom and Shannon before jumping in. This better not be a trap. I was surrounded by three other growling wolfbloods. I tried getting up, but I whimpered in pain. I landed on my hurt paw, and the more I put pressure on it, the more it hurt. The wolfbloods stopped growling and looked at each other, and started sniffing me. One wolfblood helped me get up, using her head. The other two wolfbloods, an older male and female, started growling again. I whimpered in fear to a corner of what looked like a den, limping and wincing in pain every time I accidently walked with my hurt paw. I curled up like a ball, falling asleep with the thoughts of my beloved pack in my head.

I was in a white room, and everything was bright. I was in my human form.

“Jade… Jade…” I heard a voice say. It was a deep, male voice.

“Dad? Is that you?” I asked, even though I didn’t see anyone.

“Look behind you.” I followed what the voice told me to do, and sure enough, there was my pack, my dad in front of everyone. My mum and little brother were there, along with my granddad, the pack leader. My dad walked up to me and kneeled down, now my height.

“You are the last of the pack now, sweetheart.” He says.

“The last? No. That can’t be. There has to be at least one person who survived other than me!” Tears started forming from my eyes as I shouted in anger, confusion, and sadness.

“I’m so sorry, honey. I’m sorry that we could only be there for your first transformation; your mum and I wanted to see you grow up so very badly. But sadly, we couldn’t.” I burst in tears.

“You don’t have to apologize. It wasn’t your fault.” I reassure him. He smiled at me before speaking again.

“I want you to do whatever it takes to survive, okay? Even if you have to stay in the wild by yourself, or become tame, you just have to promise you’ll survive.” He hugs me tightly before letting go, and walking back to the rest of the family. I looked at each and every one of them, and smiled sincerely.

“Hey.” I heard an unrecognizable voice say. I look around, but I notice that I’m completely alone.

“No, no this can’t be happening. I didn’t even get to say goodbye to the rest of them yet!” I shouted, bursting into tears.

“Hey!” What is that voice?

“Hey!” I woke up in tears. I look up to see a girl with short brown hair, parted down the middle. I jumped back in fear, resulting in my bumping my head on the wall behind me.

“Ouch…” I groaned in pain as I rubbed my head. “Who are you? Where am I?” I looked at my surroundings. A cellar?

“You’re in my wolf den. And who are you?” The girl asked, putting emphasis on the ‘you’. My memories flushed back as I remembered being chased, meeting two humans, Shannon and Tom I think their names were, and my pack being attacked. My pack… I have to get back to my pack! I instantly became wide-eyed as I tried getting up, but I didn’t even go an inch without falling.

“Hey, take it easy, you’re hurt. Here, let me help,” The girl said as she put my arm around her, then walked me up the stairs to her couch.

“I’m Madeline Smith, by the way, but you can call my Maddy if you want,” She introduced herself.

“I’m Jade Blackwell, you can call me Jade.” I replied, as she set me down.

“Why are you in our territory?” She asked as she went to the kitchen to fetch some tea.

“I didn’t know this was your territory. I’m sorry; I was just trying to get away from these other wild wolfbloods that attacked my pack. Luckily there was a wolfblood nice enough to spare me. He led me to these two humans, I think their names were Tom and Shannon, then I followed them here, where they told me to jump down in your cellar, or den, whichever it is.” I finished.

She came back with the tea and some sort of long, pink meat. “Here, you must me starving,” Maddy set the stuff down in the table in front of the couch.

“What is this?” I asked, pointing to the weird pink stuff.

“Hot dog.” She shrugged.

“Dog?!” I shouted. Who would cook a poor little dog?

“Don’t worry, it’s just a name. It’s not actual dog, I wouldn’t even eat that.” She laughed. Oh. I nodded my head as my mouth was in an “o” shape.

“So a wolfblood led you to my friends, Shannon and Tom?” She asked.

“Yep.” I replied, popping the ‘P’.

“Did you by any chance figure out the name of the wolfblood who helped you?” Maddy had a hopeful look on her face, like she might have known who would be a kind enough wild wolfblood to help me. What was his name again? Oh yeah.

“I remember Shannon calling him Rhydian, and he seemed to have responded to that name.”

Maddy looked very surprised and just looked down at the floor. I couldn’t tell whether she was happy or confused, or both. She just stayed like that, like she was trying to process what she had just heard. Suddenly, the I heard a ding dong noise, which I think came from the door.

Second chapter up! Chloe Moretz, the girl who portrays Jade is on the side. (: You don't have to think of Jade as her though, your choice. Tbh, I see myself  as Jade hahaa. Happy reading!!(: