Chapter 1

3 Years Ago- Minhyuk's POV

Kihyun, Wonho, and I were driving on the road near the cliff.  It was raining and we needed to get home.  Kihyun was in the passenger seat talking to Wonho.  I turned to add something to the conversation.  Wrong move. 

The car went right into the rail that was at the side of the road.  I tried to break, but it was too late.  The car tumbled over the rail and down the cliff.  We landed to the grassy area below the cliff.  Wonho was injured, but managed to get out of the car successfully.  I turned to Kihyun to tell him to get out of the car, but he was unconscious.  I dragged him out of the car.  Wonho had called for help from our managers.  He didn't want them to worry and he knew they would call the police.  His phone only had enough battery for one call.

30 minutes later

We were at the hospital, and Wonho and I got patched up.  Kihyun was still unconscious, but the doctors had treated his wounds.  The other members had come as well.  We were all waiting for Kihyun to wake up.

Kihyun's POV

I woke up and I could see nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  I heard footsteps and I saw a moving figure, but I couldn't distinguish who it was.

"Mr. Yoo," the mysterious person said.  "Can you see me?"

"Who are you?  Where am I?  Why can I only see a shadowy figure and nothing else?" I ask.

"I'm Dr. Kim.  Your in the hospital.  And I'm assuming you damaged your occipital cortex in the car crash.  You have cortical blindness," the man said.

Back to Minhyuk's POV

"Doctor, what happened to him?  Is he awake?" Shownu asked as soon as a doctor came out of Kihyun's room.

"He is awake, but he damaged his occipital cortex and he now has cortical blindness.  He will only be able to see moving objects.  However, he was not able to see the bright light in the room, so I doubt he will be able to see lighta. Also, he will have a hard time recognizing you simply by shadow so give him some time to adjust and try and adapt to seeing only your figure," the doctor said

"Can we see him?" Shownu asked.

"Yes, but only four at a time," the doctor said.  Then, he left us alone.

"I want to see Kihyun first," the maknaes, Jooheon and I.M said at the same time. 

"I say that we let Wonho and Minhyuk should see him last because they need to heal and plus, they are the reason Kihyun has the blindness," Hyungwon says.

"Hey, I didn't do anything wrong," Wonho said.  "Why can't I see him first?"

"Because you were there with him.  And besides, it's already been decided.  You two can see him after we do," Shownu said.

Jooheon's POV

Shownu hyung, Hyungwon hyung, I.M, and I all walked into Kihyun's room.

He snapped his head to look at us.

"Are you four doctors?" he asked.

"Kihyun, it's us," I say.

"Jooheon?" he questions.

"Yes, and Shownu, Hyungwon, and I.M," I say.

"Come stand here for a minute by my side please," Kihyun said.

We all move to the bedside.

"Can you move a bit?  I can't see still objects," he says.

We all start to slightly move our bodies.

He touches Shownu.  "This is Shownu right?  He has a strong build."

"Yeah," Shownu says.

Then, he touches I.M.  "This is the shortest of you four, so this is I.M."

The he touches Hyungwon.  "Your figure is tall and skinny so this must be Hyungwon."

Finally, he touches me.  "This is Jooheon.  Did I get it right?"

"Yeah, you did," I.M says.

Kihyun smiles.  He is still positive despite this condition.  I'm happy for him, but I hope he gains his eyesight back.