m

Theodora

I wrapped my arms around myself as I looked up at the stars, standing alone in the street of Paris. The stars have been my comfort for so many years, ever since Eli died. I taught myself that people were sent up to play among the stars after their death. It allows the young ones to live out their childhood, and the elders to feel relaxed and wake up to a beautiful place every day.

But anyways, I'm waiting for Taehyung. I suggested that we should go out in Paris and explore and get to know each through something other than our phones

Though I am starting to regret my decision. I'm really nervous. What if I act stupid? Or if he doesn't like me? 

My thoughts were interrupted by someone grabbing my shoulders from behind and growling in my ear. I did the only reasonable thing and yelped, spun around, and punched the figure behind me.

"Oh Goodness." I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands. "Taehyung?" He started to laugh as he held his eye, doubling over slightly. "I am so sorry." I reached my arms out for him, but not knowing what to do. "Are you okay?"

"I Good!" Taehyung removed his hand from his face and gave me a thumbs up, his eye twitching slightly. Eli taught me how to punch. A military brother couldn't always be there to stick up for me.

"I'm soooo sorry." I continued to apologize, feeling really guilty. Should I, pat his shoulder or something? Or find ice?

"You good, I good, it good." Taehyung reassured and signaled for me to take a deep breath. I fiddled with my bracelet as I took a deep breath, nodding. 

Eli, please look after me and give me the strength to talk to a boy.

Taehyung placed a hand on his chest. "Like your voice."

I smiled and stopped fiddling with my bracelet. "Thank you. Yours is nice as well." Taehyung nodded as I yawned.

"What wrong?" Taehyung asked me, a slight teasing tone in his voice.

"I'm just really tired." I scratched my head nervously, smiling politely. He's got comfortable quickly. Maybe I should too.

"Let's get coffee!" Taehyung's accent shone through as he took my hand and dragged me into a bakery. "You like...coffee?" Taehyung asked as he leaned on the counter top, a smile never leaving his face. I nodded, and looked up at the menu even though I knew what I wanted. Taehyung waved his hand in front of my eyes. "You ready?"

"Uh, yes." I nodded, a shy smile on my face. Then I looked at the cashier and ordered.

"I have what she gets." Taehyung spoke after me, glancing away from me to order. His smile grew wider when he locked eyes with me again. I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear as I felt my cheeks grow hot, looking outside for a few seconds.

And guess what?

When I looked back at Taehyung, he was blushing too, tapping his fingertips against the counter top.

:::

"So, What do you...desire to work?" Taehyung balanced on top on the small wall separating the river and the stones.  

"I've always wanted to be a make-up and hair stylist." I smiled as I walked beside Taehyung, having to look up at him as he balanced on the stones with his arms out.

"Wow~ So you creative." Taehyung jumped down beside me.

"I guess so." I looked at my feet as we walked.

"Where you buy shoes?" Taehyung nudged me slightly and pointed at my shoes, having to change the topic because my awkward ass couldn't.

"Oh, I got them at a flea market where I live." I explained to Taehyung. It was the one thing my mom aloud me to buy.