16. Invisibility (Pt. 1) Worth it?

The following week had been interesting. Despite, that amazing dinner and late night with your blonde bombshell, you hadn't seen Toshinori since. The two of you had gone back to work in the worst way possible, mission after mission after mission. Your body was bruised, your feet ached, and you hadn't seen your friends in a long time.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

It was suddenly 5:00 AM, you opened your eyes immediately and threw your phone across the room, onto pillows, but you still chucked it. You got out of bed, trudged into your bathroom and washed your face. Your hair was wild, it flew around your head without any breeze to assist the movement. You didn't even change out of what you'd slept in, your hero suit, and you ran out of the house. You shoveled a muffin into your mouth as you entered the Agency, and then slid into your chair to write the report you hadn't finished last night in regard to the week-long mission you'd been on. Two hours passed, Bubble Girl and Centipede entered and got to work, chatting among themselves, completely leaving you out of any conversation. An hour later, Mirio entered the office, he smiled at Bubble Girl and Centipede, and went into the locker room to get ready for the day. Why wasn't anyone acknowledging you today? The lack of social interaction, long hours, and poor diet were wearing thin on you.

Standing up aggressively, you slammed your hands on the desk, absolutely fed up with the goings on in your office. Bubble Girl jumped from her seat, and Mirio and Centipede's eyes shot to your desk.

"Was that the wind?" Bubble Girl asked, suddenly nervous. You realized that something was not right. You weren't in the room, but you were in the room.

"Guys, don't you see me?" You asked, looking down, you saw your hands your surroundings, everything. Mirio was the one to approach you, but his face was contorted and confused.

"Y/N, your quirk is still activated. We can't see you." He put his arm out, hand cupping your breast, this shocked you entirely and you appeared before your three coworkers. "HOLY SHIT Y/N, I'm SO sorry." He jumped back, bowing his head, absolutely mortified that he'd touched you so intimately.

"Sorry, team, this mission really wore me down, I haven't had to be invisible for that long ever. I guess I just got too comfortable." You sighed, it made sense. They wouldn't ignore you otherwise. Of course you'd been invisible, no one had acknowledged you all morning.

"Yeah, Y/N... How was that mission? Sir Nighteye mentioned that you were the star and that I could learn a thing or two from you." Mirio, sat on the edge of your desk, absolutely enthralled in potentially hearing about your experience.

"Well.. I guess I did just submit my report, so I can talk about it now. I have a few hours before I have to go on patrol, so.. why not?" You sat down in your chair, lassoed a chair and pulled it to you, and gestured for the young hero to sit in the chair instead of on your desk, he sat immediately, like an obedient dog. Bubble Girl and Centipede and stopped writing their reports, but they did not move from their seats, to listen to your tale.

"For the past week I've been infiltrating and dismantling an illicit drug ring in Tokyo. It was unfortunately a solo mission, so I haven't had much interaction with anyone, which does explain why I hadn't realized I was still hidden." I leaned forward, elbows on my knees. "It started with me casing the hideout, they have several, so I had to be mobile and silent while entering and exiting each warehouse and basement lair. The hardest one to sneak into was the house on the corner, I won't tell you where, but it was this three story home on the outskirts of the city. It was the entry point for the drugs and guns, they'd be smuggled from the coast into this house and then into the city." I sighed, I was so tired. It had been a long week. Bubble Girl handed me a cup of black coffee, I smiled at her kindness. "My job was to find out who was smuggling the wares from the coast to this house and then to topple the distributors. I started from the inside and worked my way outward, because, if I stopped the water from the spigot then those drinking the water would immediately notice. But, if I withdrew the glasses from the sink, and let the water continue to flow, then it would take longer for the infiltration to be noticed. Does that make sense Mirio?" He nodded in response, and you smiled.

You stood from your chair, stretching your arms above your head. You go to refill your coffee, Bubbles and Centipede returned to their seats, listening while filing their reports. Mirio was ignoring his reports and still sitting within a foot of you, eyes wide open.

"So, I started in the center of Tokyo. I infiltrated and picked off each person, one by one. Absolutely silent. I had set up invisible traps and would have to, at the end of a long stretch of apprehending the bad guys, I would drag them all to the police station, and then return to the warehouse. In the first sixteen hours, I apprehended thirty people. That final person was the boss of the warehouse, and we did have a bit of a tussle.." You went silent, hand going to your ribs. He'd been a tough son of a bitch.

"Oh, so a bitch like you is trying to take down a Kingpin like me?" He'd screamed at you, not knowing where you were or where your capture scarf was coming from. His strength quirk was bothersome, he landed two blows before you entirely trapped him. Your bruised ribs were proof of his strength.

"Then I went onto the next station. It was smaller than the warehouse, but larger than the house on the corner. It was much quicker to close that spot down, blew up a car on accident..." Mirio shot up from his seat, you had done what?!

You didn't intend on blowing the car up, but you had to. It resulted in the first casualty of your week-long mission. The brutal madam of this establishment had beat one of the children she'd ensnared in her scheming house. This lair wasn't staffed by villains or thugs, instead the bitch kidnapped young girls and children and forced them to smuggle drugs and weapons... among other atrocious acts. You didn't attack the children, but you took down the madam.

"It was necessary. The young girls and children were liberated and are currently in therapy, paid for and provided by the state. In my report I detail the importance of their reintegration into society and how integral continued therapy is to their life." You finished, you grew tired. Those first three days were emotionally draining, but did not come close to the hell you faced in the final three days of the mission.

"That's all I can really talk about today Mirio... I need to go on patrol now. Want to come with?" The young man shot up, and the two of you walked out. You knew he wanted to hear more... but you would tell him nothing else. He didn't need to know about the horrors of the real world yet.