A Grandmother's Guidance

Ulma sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes as the smell of pancakes filled the room. Ulma froze when she realized she wasn't in her room but quickly remembered where she was. She had made it to the Isle and had spent the night on the Jolly Rojer.

She quickly pulled out a change of clothes from her back pack to get dressed.

She placed her necklace from King Triton in her jewelry box before putting on the anchor necklace her father had given her for her 13th birthday

Looking in the mirror she grabbed the photos that were stuck in the corner, placing them in the box before putting it safely into her backpack.

Satisfied that she had everything, Ulma followed the smell of food down the hall. When she reached the end she found her grandpa in the galley making breakfast.

"Good morning, Grandpa." Ulma smiled, walking over to give him a hug.

Captain Hook smiled as he wrapped his free arm around her. "Mornin' lass, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah." She nodded, following him over to the table. "The ship rocked me right to sleep."

"Aye," he agreed. "Nothin' better than bein' rocked to sleep by the waves."

Ulma watched as he placed pancakes on plates already containing scrambled eggs. "Did you make all this?"

Captain Hook chuckled, holding up his spatula hook attachment. "Aye, of course I did! Smee's becomin' a bit of a land lubber so I had to learn how to cook on me own. I hope it tastes alright."

She sat down, studying the plate in front of her. The eggs looked a bit dry and the pancakes were misshapen and slightly burnt, but it looked edible. Ulma picked up her fork and took a bite of each. Despite their looks, they tasted decent enough.

"It's delicious, thank you grandpa." She smiled, taking another bite.

Captain Hook beamed. "I'm glad ye like it. We don't have much on the Isle, but I tried to make somethin' nice."

Ulma nodded as she continued to eat. Within minutes they had both cleaned their plates. Captain Hook reached to take her plate, but she quickly grabbed them both instead.

"I'll do the dishes. You made the meal." She chuckled, running warm water into the sink.

Captain Hook shook his head. "Yer my guest, allow me."

"Grandpa." Ulma huffed, placing a hand on her hip. "I can take care of the dishes. You need to go change your pants anyway. Unless you want Grandma Ursula to know you sleep in pajamas with little hooks on them."