I'm Not You

"Thank you all for your bravery in defending Auradon today." Ben smiled, addressing the crowd. "Without all of you this may not have been possible."

Everyone nodded and clapped, however a big question was still on everyone's minds.

"What happens now Ben?" Evie asked. "Are you going to send our parents back?"

Ben looked around at all the villians standing with their families. They could have chosen to help Hades, yet they had stood with the people of Auradon instead.

"No, I will not be sending the villians back." Ben announced. "And after today, I think it would be unfair to call you villians. As of today, you are all heroes in the eyes of Auradon. And as King, I would like to thank you for your service, and welcome you into our kingdom with open arms. Welcome home, all of you."

Everyone cheered at Ben's proclamation. No longer would the Island be a prison and no longer would families be separated. For the first time in over thirty years, they would all be together as one.

With the proclamation made the crowd began to disperse. Families were heading home to talk and reconnect so that they could start the next chapter of their lives in Auradon.

Ulma smiled as she pulled Max, Matthew, Connor, Trevor, and Hayden into a group hug. "Thank you guys, for all your help."

Max laughed. "You know we'd never let you down Captain."

"Yeah, we're a team." Matthew added. "We always have each other's backs."

"Trevor and I just got thr barrier remote for Hayden." Connor admitted. "We didn't really do much."

Ulma sighed. "Connor, you stood with the rest of us and helped us take down Hades, you did something."

"Listen to the girl, ké mwen." Trevor smiled, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "You were really brave today, we all were."

"Thanks Trev." Connor blushed.

Ulma turned to Hayden. "I'm so proud of you."

"You are? For what?" Hayden asked.

"For facing your fears." Ulma replied, taking his hands in hers. "Not only did you stand up to the villians and convince them to join us, you faced Hades. We couldn't have done this without you."

Hayden began to reply but was cut off when he felt soft lips on his. Hayden's eyes widened before he slowly melted into the kiss. When they finally pulled away Hayden's hair was on fire. "Woah."

Ulma giggled. "Hayden, would you like to go out sometime?"

"I...um...I...." Hayden stuttered as blush crept on his cheeks. "Yeah. Yeah, I would like that."

"Great." Ulma smiled.

🔥

Harry had been watching the kids from afar. When he saw the kiss he turned and looked at Hadie. "Should I be worried?"

"Nah, he's a good kid." Hadie chuckled. "Hayden is my son after all."

"That's what worries me." Harry sighed.

Uma placed a hand on Harry's shoulder. "The boy has more than proved himself. Ulma is in good hands."

"I know." Harry sighed. "But she's my little girl."

Uma kissed his cheek. "And she always will be. Ulma has always been, and always will be, a daddy's girl."

Harry smiled. "I guess you're right love."

🔥

Trevor smiled at the sweet moment between Ulma and Hayden before turning to Connor. "They look good together, just like us."