Mythical Creature Series 1 Ah-Jiang Chapter 03

(If you're not reading this at our wordpress or our wattpad account then this translation has been reposted without our permission. Please read this story at: https://xiaoyaoiplayground.wordpress.com/)

That night, Ah-Jiang was actually there to bid him farewell.

Apparently, Ah-Jiang was not a scholar, and he said that since the snow and ice have melted, he needed to go back home.

Shi Tou asked him then, "When will you come back again?"

There seemed to be dark lights inside Ah-Jiang's glossy eyes, and he answered, "When I get everything sorted out. Then I will come back and find you."

In the Yamen, Constable Shi sat in the backyard's martial training field and sighed heavily as he squatted on the ground. Due to the sound of him sighing here and there, his other Constable brothers within the field did not have the heart to continue on training.

Just take a glance - look at how good the spring weather is. Shi Tou, oh Shi Tou, remember when you were so jumpy and lively during the winter time? Why is it that when spring has come, your spirits have all faded away?

On the side, a shidi(1) beckoned with his hand and the rest of the Constable brothers surrounded around him quietly.

"Shi da'ge(2), he...is probably painfully reminiscing about his love!"

"Painfully reminiscing his love? Reminiscing about what love?" ── The rest of the Constable brothers still had the great memories of the handsome Shi being wives' nemesis freshly engraved in their mind!

That little shidi was the youngest here and the easiest one to get gossip from - this time especially since he lived near Constable Shi's house. Once he opened his chatterbox mouth, his saliva flew everywhere as he spewed out the words and the fact that a person had lived in the handsome Shi's house just a while ago was exposed loud and clear.

The other Constable brothers were struck dumb and amazed at how Shi da'ge was able to hide such a big event this well! Then another person asked, "Xiao Maozi, then, have you seen that person before?"

Xiao Maozi loudly replied, "How can I not?!"

Well then, what did they look like? To be able to make their handsome Shi miss them so much, they must not be one of the ordinary! Many of the older guys' interest were raised; since Shi Tou is already the best looking in their district, and before he'd become the nemesis of wives, none of them had the hope of getting together with any girls in the district. It was definitely because the god above felt merciful and knew that this kind of treatment was not fair, so he decided to let the handsome Shi have some bad luck in order for all the others to have kids that are old enough to do chores. Then he will finally treat the handsome Shi's bad luck.

As for the look? Xiao Maozi suddenly let out an "eh" sound and scratched his head. He swore he remembered and had even seen the other a few times from far away. But no matter how hard he tried, why could he not remember what the other looked like...?

Before the little shidi was able to remember, a large hand from behind lifted the little monkey up.

"Shi da'ge!"

"If you all have so much time to gossip around like women here then go! Patrol, now!" Shi Tou hit every single one of them on the head with his stick as he yelled loudly with great insistence!

Even though Constable Shi was a Constable just like the rest of them, he was still the old ban head's direct disciple. Recently, the magistrate's trust in him had also increased immensely through many types of security measure work that had all been organized by Constable Shi. Because of such things, the rest of the other Constables just naturally saw Constable Shi as a leader to follow.