Chapter 56: Selfish

I sigh as look down at my lap, feeling lost. I feel that say whenever he leaves my side.

Elijah takes his seat on the opposite side of me as he questions, “It’s okay. Give him time to cool down. Missy, I’ve got to ask. Are you okay with this? Do you want to see him again?”

“Sadly enough, yes, I’d like to see him again. I’m not exactly okay with the circumstances, though, it’ll be okay,” I say softly.

Elijah moves the collar of my shirt to look at my mark.

“Wearing a shirt like that, there’s no way to tell if you’ve been marked. Then again, I’m sure he’ll ask you. God, I hope he asks or says something before starting anything,” Elijah says, sounding somewhat concerned and frustrated.

I hug him as I reassure him, “It’ll be okay. You and Sylas worry too much. Have some faith. I know how to protect myself if I truly have to. Okay, don’t you dare think about my whole father situation. That was different. He’s an adult and my father no less. He’s bigger than me too! No way I could take him on and win. If anything, he would have killed me. But the point is, I could take on Seth if I need to.”

Elijah nods, then hugs me tighter.

“Something I wasn’t going to mention to Sylas until later. Um, Seth suggested that if everything turns out well and if you’re on good terms with him, he wants to stay here until the wedding. I haven’t given him an answer because I can’t. He wants to hear it from you. His exact words were, if she still loves me, she’ll ask me to stay a while, in which, I’ll leave after their wedding. If not, then I suppose I’ll leave. Though, you can expect me to be at the wedding, but not to celebrate,” Elijah whispers to me, hoping Sylas won’t overhear.

I shake my head as I rest my forehead against his chest.

“This is awful, Elijah! Damn it,” I exclaim.

I let go of him as I stand up.

“I’ll think about it. True, when we were young, I loved them both equally, though, I know Sylas is my mate and I can’t change that. Nor would I if I had the chance. I’m not sure how I feel about Seth. It’s been so long that I can’t remember hardly anything about him,” I speak in a slightly frustrated tone.

Elijah stands as well and takes my arm in his.

He escorts me up to my room as he says, “I can understand that. Don’t let him push you. Be honest with him because that’s what he wants the most. For now, just relax and don’t overthink this too much.”

I nod, then I hug him. Elijah kisses my head right before he walks away. As I walk into my room, I find Sylas laying on his stomach on my bed. I smile softly as I close the door. I see his ear twitch slightly at the sound. I approach him only to sit beside him. Sylas readjusts himself as I then pet his head.

“Did you hear everything,” I question.

He nods as he continues to bury his face into my pillows. I lift his head and pull him closer. Sylas readjusts again to rest his head in my lap.

I run my fingers through his hair as I speak softly, “Talk to me, Sylas. I want you to tell me what you’re thinking right now.”

He sighs while he turns his head a bit as he then lays in his side. Sylas rests his hands up on my thigh, beside his head.

“I just want us to stay here, together. I don’t want you to see him again. I fear what he may do to you, or something worse...” Sylas trails off as he sits up.

I get on my knees as I shuffle over towards him.

“Something worse? Such as,” I question him curiously.

Sylas grabs my wrists as he holds them in his hands.

He gently presses his thumbs against my scent glands as he states lowly, “I fear of something so rare, though, I have a feeling, it’s possible for you. I refuse to share you...”

“Sylas! What the hell are you talking about? Spit it out already,” I interrupt him as I become irritated by his rambling.

He sighs as he looks down at my wrists whilst still holding them.

“It’s possible for an Omega to mate with two Alphas. Kind of like having two soul mates. There’s also a legend Seth and I were told as children. I feel that our parents told us that legend for us to win your heart. Basically, twin male Alphas are born. Soon, they find an Omega, in which, they both fall for. The Omega becomes confused and panics, as she doesn’t know who to choose. Finally, the brothers make a compromise to share her. The Omega’s feelings for the twins never once changed. She loved them both equally. Never favored one over the other. Katya, like I said, I refuse to share you. This can’t be true. If it is, you need to tell me tonight, whether you still love him or not,” Sylas states in such a serious tone.

The amount of seriousness in his voice sends chills down my spine. I nod as I gently pull my wrists away from him. I look away as Sylas rests his head in his hands.

“I’ll tell you tonight. Though, I’ll say it now. I love you, no matter what. You’re my betrothed, you’re still mine, and you always will be. Sylas, don’t start your worries now. It’s pointless. Even if I were to feel that way towards him, I wouldn’t let it consume me. I’d stay as far away from him as possible. I only want you, as selfish as that may sound. Though, after the things you’ve said, I have the right to be selfish, too,” I state as I look down at my hands, resting them in my lap.

Sylas stares at me, dumbfounded by my response. I glance up to see his eye change to brown as his cheeks turn a light pink.

I avert my eyes downward again as I whisper, “I suppose I’m selfish when it comes to you.”