Chapter 36

After some bottles of champagne everyone is a bit tipsy. The music is great and the company is great. What more could a girl want? I think this is actually the first time that Hero's friends really party with mine. When Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana comes on, we all make this big circle and jump up and down while holding each other. I feel so alive right in this moment. My feet will definitely be dead tomorrow but it's so worth it. Time Of Your Life by Greenday comes up after and Hero breaks the circle and holds me. We're kind of attempting a slow dance but we end up dancing in slow circles. I wrap my arms around his neck and he grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"You smell good," I sigh.

"Uhmm thank you? So do you by the way," he says and snuffs my hair.

"I love this song!"

"I know you would," he smiles. Damn it, now I want to kiss him. Luckily for me, this is a very short song and our dance ends soon. We go sit by our friends and they all look at us. They don't say anything though and after a few awkward minutes, the party gets going again.

I need to find a toilet so I leave to find one. The toilet is behind a door at the end of a hallway. When I go back, I find Hero waiting for me in the hallway leaning against the wall. He's wearing black pants and a plain white shirt with long sleeves. I miss seeing his muscular arms but he looks yummy either way.

"There you are princess!" he smiles. I can see that he's a bit drunk too. His eyes are a bit red and out of focus.

"Thank you again for this! This is the perfect birthday!" I say and hug him again.

"You're welcome." I want to break the hug but he keeps me close to him.

"You know... I have been wanting to kiss you all night," he whispers in a low voice. It makes his accent so much thicker and I feel my knees go weak.

"We're just friends. Would be a bit weird of we end up kissing all the time." My voice chokes again.

"We're not," he says and presses his lips against mine. I immediately open mine and our tongues find each other. It's a passionate kiss, full of lust and promise. Hero's hands are all over my body. I softly bite in his lower lip and he moans. I can feel the tension build inside me again and I'm shocked. I've never had this before. I never understood what the big deal with sex was. No one ever made me feel like I wanted to have sex with them but Hero does. I heard my friends talk about it but I always assumed there was something wrong with me, that it wasn't in the cards for me but now I know it can be. But, as of today, I'm officially 24 and Hero still is 21. Hero lives in the UK and the USA and I live in Belgium. Hero breaks the kiss.

"We should go back beautiful," he whispers in my ear. I whimper because I don't want this to end.

"Just friends, remember?" he grins. "Oh the things I would do to you if we weren't just friends." He laughs and walks away leaving me unsatisfied.