𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: dig dug

STEVE HARRINGTON BURST through his younger sister's bedroom door, leaning against the wooden door as he kept his hand clasped around the doorknob.

"Rise and shine, kid," He spoke, walking towards the large window, pulling the curtains open and allowing bright sunshine to pour into the gloomy bedroom.

A groan came from the lump nested under the light blue comforter, and Steve chuckled at the sound.

"Get out," Cindy mumbled, groaning as her brother pulled the sheets off of her body, the cool air of her bedroom causing goosebumps to cover her body.

"Come on, Sleeping Beauty," Steve grabbed her hands, pulling her body up, rolling his eyes as she slumped over in an attempt to make her body as heavy as possible.

"It's too early," She muttered, cracking her brown eyes open, she squinted at the harsh brightness of the room.

He helped her sit up in her bed, plunking himself down onto the fluffy mattress. "It's ten o'clock in the morning, Cindy."

She rubbed her eyes before letting her arms fall dramatically to her sides. "Still too early for whatever this is."

"We're going shopping," Steve spoke, watching as a smile grew on her face.

"Go on."

"For flowers," Steve ran a hand through his hair, "For Nancy."

The smile that had adorned her face dropped, and she let her shoulders slump in defeat. "What did you do?"

"How do you know I did something? Can't I just be a nice boyfriend?"

Cindy tilted her head to the side, raising her eyebrows in response.

"Yeah, okay, I'm a crappy boyfriend," Steve stated, standing up off the bed and walking towards the door to leave, "I'll explain on the way. Downstairs in ten."

He heard her groan exaggeratedly as he bounded down the stairs, laughing quietly to himself as he reached the last step.

"Okay, so let me get this straight," Cindy walked across the crosswalk, waving a 'thank you' to the car that had stopped, "She said you were bullshit?"