𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗: the spy

CINDY HARRINGTON TAPPED her fingers against her thigh as Queen's Hammer To Fall sounded throughout the car, filling the deafening silence that surrounded them.

The sun had set, robbing the youngest Harrington of the opportunity to distract herself by watching the trees they zoomed past blend into one large, leafy streak.

"Wait a sec," Her brother's voice pierced the silence, and Cindy tore her eyes away from the road ahead of them to glance over at him, "How big?"

She followed his eyes, peering in the rearview mirror, landing on where Dustin sat in the backseat, hands clasped together calmly.

The boy's head turned, looking between the identical pairs of eyes that were trained on his own. 

He unclasped his hands, holding up two fingers as he spoke.

"First it was like that," Dustin held his fingers about three inches apart, "Now he's like this."

He dropped his fingers, raising his hands so there was about a foot between them.

"I swear to God, man," Steve muttered, shaking his head as he moved his eyes back onto the road, "it's just some little lizard, okay?"

Cindy nodded to herself, taking her gaze off of her friend and returning it to the window, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It's not a lizard," Dustin objected.

"Right," Cindy scoffed, glancing back into the rearview mirror, "He's an extraterrestrial lizard. And he trusts you, right Dustin?"

The Henderson boy lifted a hand, reaching around Cindy's seat and smacking her on the arm, glaring at her as she let out a small chuckle.

"He's dangerous," Dustin added, "You know that, Cindy."

Steve turned to glance at his younger sister with raised brows before peering into the backseat. "How do you know?"

"How do I know it's not dangerous?"

Steve shook his head, sighing as he gazed between the two children. "How do you know it's not just a lizard?"

"Because," Dustin frowned, leaning into the middle seat, "his face opened up and he ate my cat."

The siblings slowly turned to look at each other, their similar brown eyes wide with shock.

After taking a moment to process what her friend had just said, she turned around in her seat slowly, facing him. "Dart did what?"