Chapter 2

"How much longerrrrrrr??" Zoe moans in the backseat.

"Zoe. I told you already, we're like 20 minutes away." I say.

"We've really been driving for 3 hours already?" Adriana asks me. I look down at the maps on my phone and nod.

"Yeah it went by really fast." I smile in excitement.

"Oh wow look you can see the ocean from here!" Zoe points out the window as we come over a huge hill. The suns glare on the water blinds me but I'm mesmerized. The sand is so white and the water is so blue I couldn't wait to get down there.

"You said the house is on the water right?" Adriana asks.

"Yeah that's what it shows on the map." I explain. "It literally looks like it's in the water."

I show them my phone and they start laughing.

As we drive down over the hill we come into a small town that you would only see in the movies. The buildings are small and colorful and the restaurants advertise seafood and clam chowder. The people walking are wearing shorts and tank tops and one girl was even carrying a shave ice.

"I low key feel like I'm in Hawaii." I say as I watch the girl with the shave ice skip across the street.

"I was just thinking that." Zoe says.

We drive down the road a little ways and turn left towards the water.

"What's the address?" I ask Adriana. She grabs my phone.

"13101 Oceanshore Drive." She says. "It looks really secluded."

We start driving down this long road and I start wondering if we're going the wrong way.

"Are you sure this is the right way? The phone shows we're going the right way?" I ask her.

"Yeah it's at the end of this road." She shows me the phone and she's right.

As the road comes to an end, we take a slight right and there is the house.

"Oh my god

"Oh my god." We all say in unison. The house is literally the most picturesque house I've ever seen in my entire life. There's a wrap around porch, it looks like it's two stories, large windows all around the house, and palm trees everywhere.

"Are you serious? Are you sure this is it?" Zoe practically climbs to the front of the car on top of Adriana.

"Yeah. This is it." I say. We stop the car and all just sit, staring at the house in awe.

"Well what are we waiting for!" Adriana exclaims. She hops out of the car with Zoe & I right behind her.

We grab our bags and walk up to the front door. The door is a light blue color and the welcome mat has a big pineapple on it. I grab the key and unlock the door. As soon as I open it a breeze hits our face that makes us sigh.

"This is going to be amazing." Says Zoe.

The three of us look at each other and smile widely.

We walk into the house. It's open concept is so airy and makes the house look way bigger than it probably is. To the right is a sitting/living room with a couch and two chair and a small coffee table. Straight from the door is the kitchen and living room opened up and connected. The windows along the backside of the house are huge. I look out the window and the beach is right there. I open the back door and as soon as I step my foot out I'm standing in the sand.

"Guys this is unbelievable." I turn around and see the girls with their mouths dropped open.

"Let's find the bedrooms and put our stuff down." I say laughing.

Just behind us is a staircase. We walk up and there are 4 bedrooms. Three of them are small but so cutely decorated. They have pillows with starfish on them and cute curtains with ocean patterns on them.

The fourth bedroom is the master. It's huge. There's a queen size bed, a walk in closet, a bathroom with a toilet, two vanity sinks, a bathtub, and a shower.

"I call this room." Zoe says.

"No Kendall should have this room, if it weren't for her organizing this we wouldn't even be here." Adriana says.

"I mean I'm not going to say no this is amazing." I respond.

"Fine I guess." She says. "But I call the room with the other walk in closet!" She raises her hand in the air and runs to the room.

"Thanks Adriana." I say. She smiles and walks out of the room.

I spin around and flop back on the bed. I take a deep breath and smile.

Finally.