Chapter 53

I finished strapping my armor on, though I don't usually wear it. But for this fight, I'd need it.

"Silver are you sure?" asked Jay and I looked at him slowly. We still hadn't gotten married, and its been a month since the last try. We had found Lily and James, gotten most people healed, and found out that Percebath is back, and Jamily is the new 'ship name. Apparently.

"Of course I'm sure. Never been surer of anything else in my life." I replied. I looked at Jay who was in his armor as well, his helmet tucked under his arm.

"But... But give up immortality?" stammered Jay, "I can't understand."

"You have to..." I whispered quietly, "I must be on the same level as everyone else in that battle field. I can not risk the fact that I could turn into divine mode on accident and fry everyone."

"How will you do it?"

"If I can call on Zeus, he'll be able to take away my immortality, just as he had done to Poseidon."

"Alright..." he muttered, "Be careful."

I nodded and walked to an empty room with a burning fire. I grabbed a horn of plenty (cornucopia) and pointed it at the fire. I thought about all the fear I was about to go through, all the deaths, we were heading into the final battle. I put all those emotions into my mind, and the horn of plenty shot foods into the fire.

"Zeus... Accept my offering." I thought quietly to myself as the cornucopia kept on shooting out foods, fruit, meat, drinks, 

"WHO DARES CALL MY NAME!" The voice hit so hard and tumbled and slammed into the table behind me, luckily I was wearing my armor, other wise I would have seriously scratched up my back. 

"Lord Zeus!" I said, getting up and flinching, but I didn't try to show it.

"Yes?" 

"I know that your in big trouble right now but... I... I just... I need your help."

"With that? Silver you know VERY well that if I get caught I am DONE FOR."

"I just... I... I ask for you to take away my immortality."

"WHAT!?!?!??!?!!" 

"Please understand." I begged, "I want to go out on that battle field knowing that I don't have a step up on anyone else."

"Lily came to me with the same request... Only she asked for immortality to return after you won. Is this what you ask of me now?" 

"No, lord Zeus. I wish to stay mortal, even after the battle. I wish to go to Elysium, to live my life to the fullest down here."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Lightning filled the room and I screamed, pain flooding through my body. I felt energy shooting out of me and the room lit up even more. I felt like someone was hitting me with a thousand needles.

I slammed to the ground, curling into a ball. Finally everything stopped, but it still hurt. I looked at my arms and realized that they were burning. Very burning.

I stood up slowly, looking around me. It was as if nothing had happened, but I knew one thing. My immortality was gone.

It was time to fight the battle as a mortal.