The Wedding

The special day finally came. Lizzy's bridesmaids were helping her get ready as Charlie's groomsmen were helping him. Since Charlie made Jack his best man, Lizzy saw it fit to have her best friend, Cassie Conlon, be her maid of honour.

"Lizzy, relax! You'll be fine!" Katherine told her sister-in-law as she did her hair and makeup.

"Tell me that once I'm married. How did you do this, Kathy?" Lizzy asked, nervously bouncing her leg.

"Just think how much you love Charlie, and when Jack walks you down the aisle, look directly into his eyes. That's what I did, and I'm here, happily married with our baby girl," she smiled, looking at her daughter, Charlotte Margaret Rose Kelly, in her carrier. Lizzy smiled at her niece and Charlotte giggled and smiled back at her aunt.

"Okay, okay, I'm good. I'm calm. I love Charlie,  and we're gonna be married," Lizzy told herself.

"That's my girl," Cassie chuckled, giving a light punch in the arm to her. Lizzy giggled and punched her arm back.

"You look great, Liz," Brooklyn smiled, hugging her from behind.

"Thanks, Brooke. How's the baby?" Lizzy asked.

"She's Henry's girl, alright. She's active," she chuckled, holding her stomach. Brooklyn was one of the other girls from Manhattan, known as Smalls. She married Henry only two months before Lizzy and Charlie's wedding, and they were already expecting their first child.

"How are all you girls engaged or married? I'm still waiting for Andrew to propose," Jacqueline complained.

"Y'know ol' York. He may be strong, but he doesn't have guts," Cassie said, looking to her friend.

"He will one day, Jac, don't worry," Lizzy said. Lizzy, Cassie, and Jacqueline have been close friends for years,  even though they all lived in different boroughs. Cassie was the little sister of Sean, or Spot, Conlon and Jacqueline was Finch's cousin, but she lives in the Bronx with the other Newsgirls there.

"So, how do I look?" Lizzy asked, stepping up and doing a small spin. The girls looked at her, stunned.

"Beautiful," Jack said, standing in the doorway. He smiled at her with tears in his eyes and walked over to her. Lizzy met him half way and held his hands.

"Mama and Pa would love to see how beautiful you are," he said, softly. Lizzy smiled and cupped his cheek to wipe his tears.

"Pa would approve of Charlie, and he would be the one walking me down. But, I'm glad it's you, Frankie," she said, softly. Jack smiled and hugged her close to him and Lizzy hugged him back.

"You may be becoming a Morris, but you'll always be a Kelly to me, my little Elizabeth," Jack said in a whisper.

"And you'll always be my older brother, Frankie," Lizzy whispered back. Jack smiled and kissed her cheek.

"You're my star."

"You're my world. I love you, Frankie."

"I love ya, too, Elizabeth." Jack pulled away and smiled at her. Katherine walked over and kissed his cheek, holding Charlotte in her arms. Jack smiled down at his baby girl and kissed her forehead gently and Charlotte giggled, playing with his hand as he took his daughter into his arms.

"It's time, girls," Anna called with Les standing next to her. Katherine took Charlotte back from her husband. She kissed Jack before leaving to go sit with the others in the church.

"You ready?" Jack asked his sister as she got her bouquet from Cassie.

"As I'll ever be," Lizzy said, looping her arm with his. They walked out and saw everyone waiting to go down the aisle.