Strange Behaviour

Seven weeks after their wedding night, Lizzy found herself the past few days waking up and running to the bathroom to be sick, having odd mood swings, strange cravings for food (which she ignores because it makes her feel more sick), and she missed something that when any girl misses, they know something is wrong.

This morning was the same. Lizzy woke up around seven and she ran to the bathroom before throwing up once more. She hated feeling like this and she knew Charlie was worried about her. She decided to see what was up. She grabbed her phone and Googled her symptoms. After she read what they meant, realization struck. Charlie wasn't up yet, so she grabbed her bag and keys, leaving him a note that she ran out and would be back soon.

Lizzy returned a few minutes later and went to the bathroom, pulling a test out if her bag. She waited as she paced impatiently for the results. Ten minutes later, she saw her results and her eyes widened with her smile.

"Positive!" Lizzy whispered to herself, beyond excited and happy about it. She quickly planned a way to surprise Charlie about the news. She hid the box the test came in and put the test in a small white box and tied it with a light blue ribbon, surrounding the test with light pink tissue paper.

She went into their room and choose a nice light pink dress and put baby blue diamond earrings in. She started to do her hair when she felt a pair of arms slip around her waist and a kiss placed on the back of her head.

"Morning, my lovely wife," Charlie smiled, resting his head on her shoulder. Lizzy giggled and kissed his cheek, holding his arms.

"Morning, my handsome husband," she smiled, "How did you sleep?"

"Just fine. How bout you?" he asked.

"It was good."

"How did you feel this morning?"

"Threw up, like usual," she sighed. Charlie kissed her neck and Lizzy blushed and smiled.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wish I could help you feel better," he mumbled as he kissed her neck.

"Sweet, stop it. I want you to get ready and I'm going to take you out," she giggled, pushing him off of her. He chuckled and kissed her.

"I just love you, so much, Lizzy," Charlie smiled, holding her close to him.

"I love you, too, Char. Now get ready," Lizzy smiled, kissing him before she walked out of their room to make breakfast. She decided to give him hints throughout the day and made little pancakes with eggs and bacon. She just set the table up and poured them their coffee when he came out, wearing the blue shirt she pulled out for him.

"This smells and looks absolutely amazing, love," Charlie smiled, kissing her cheek before he sat down. Lizzy smiled as she gave him his black coffee and she sat down with him and they began to eat.

"So," Charlie started, "where did you want to go?" he asked her. Lizzy shrugged and took a sip from her coffee.

"Just around town, maybe to the park and go window shopping. We don't really go out a lot, and I think it would be fun," she said, placing her hand on his.

"Alright then. After breakfast, I'll clean up so you can grab your things and we can go," Charlie said, kissing her hand. Lizzy giggled and nodded.
After they finished and Charlie did dishes, they went out and walked to the park. They ran into a little ice cream stand and Charlie bought them ice cream. Lizzy decided to drop another hint and she got a small cotton candy ice cream.

"I thought you only loved chocolate or mint," Charlie said, seeing her eat the ice cream.

"What if I wanted to try something new? Plus this is really good," Lizzy said as she ate.