Chapter 2

"You very well know that I won't leave you easily bhaiya!" Anjali said matching Arnav's steps as he walked speedily towards the stairs of his mansion leading to his room. "Just tell me why you so readily agreed to marry Khushi when not seconds before you met her you were suggesting me to stop dreaming about your marriage." Anjali grabbed his arm momentarily breaking his pace before he jerked her arm away but it didn't deterred her and she continued to follow him up to his room.

Anjali closed the doors as soon as they entered the room. "Tell me the reason behind it bhaiya and I will leave you." She pleaded. Something is not right. She knew her bhaiya very well and when on one side she wanted him to marry Khushi but on other side there is this feeling that unsettled her the moment bhaiya agreed for this alliance. It is hardly possible that bhaiya, who, every time listens to the word marriage fly off like a mad dog is behind him, has now agreed to marry the girl by just talking to her once? She had at least expected him to take time before giving any answers or dating for few times just to get to know Khushi. Instead, he jump to the marriage at once! What the hell! What has happened to him?

Arnav sat on his bed exhausted and started untying the laces of his shoes. "What do you want me to say Anjali?" He said without looking at her while she still stood at the door. "If you want to gloat then you can and yes you were right. There, I said it. Happy?"

Now angry, Anjali stalked towards him. "You very well know what I am asking! Just tell me what changed your mind!" Did bhaiya seemed uncomfortable just now?

"Look Anjali, I am going to say it once and then you will leave this room. I am marrying her because she's beautiful, smart and intelligent and there is no reason for me to say no to this alliance."

"But--"

"Now, it will be good if you leave the room anjali because I am hell tired and I just want to sleep."

Anjali clamped her mouth shut. "Fine!" She exclaimed in anger and left the room banging the door shut on her way out.

Arnav lay back on his bed bringing his arms to support his head and stared at the ceiling. Why am I not having good feeling about this? Even Anjali could sense something is wrong then how am I supposed to convince everyone that this marriage is real when the whole world knows how I am! This will be difficult but not impossible. It's not like everyone in the world expected me remain forever bachelor? At one point of time in life I would have to marry then why not now and why am I suddenly concerned about people's opinion when I had never gave a shit to it? It's all because of Anjali and her overworking mind!

~~~~~

"Hello..." Arnav drawled out relaxing in his chair of the office, smirked graced his face as soon as he saw the name of the caller. "Missed me already soon to be wifey?" He let out a chuckle as he heard her snort on the other side.

"Arrogant jerk! Can't you speak one word without your arrogance dripping from every syllable in it?" He heard Khushi spat on the phone. "Raizada---"

"Arnav!" He cut her off.

Khushi rolled her eyes. "A.R.N.A.V!" She spoke putting emphasis on every letter. "My parents want us to meet and get to know each other before the marriage.  So can you pick me up from my home tomorrow just to show my parents? You can leave to wherever you want to go and I can leave to my friend's house and in evening you can pick me up from my friend's house and drop me back to my home."