Chapter 5

Arnav stirred on the bed as the first rays of morning sun came through the french windows of the room. He dug his face more into the pillow and continue to sleep deeply. His brows frowned as a sound disturbed him, like someone is in pain. He dug his head completely into the pillow not allowing the painful sound to disturb his sleep.

It came again and groaning, Arnav sat up with his eyes closed and listen from where the sound is coming from. As he listened intently for a second, he gathered that its coming from his room only. He opened his eyes reluctantly, a scowl on his face, but it disappeared as soon as he saw who was making those sounds.

Leaping out from the bed, Arnav all but jumped towards the couch as soon as he saw Khushi with scrunched eyes and writhing and whimpering on the couch, and was near to falling from it.

With careful and gentle hands Arnav took Khushi in his arms.

"Shh...," He soothed her, "I am here. With you. Nothing happened Khushi."

He whispered soothing words in her ears while rubbing his hands up and down her back. Khushi slowly relaxed and was sleeping in his arms. Thinking to waking up her now rather than to let the bad dream come to her again, he softly said, "Khushi, wake up..."

As if she was only waiting for his voice to call out for her to come out the state of sleep, Khushi opened her eyes, revealing the red lines over the whites of her eyes, indication of what she has gone through just now.

"You okay?" Arnav asked concerned for her. 

"Huh?" Khushi looked at him and blinked the remanents of the dream before focusing his gaze on him again. Taking in where she was, or better in whose arms she was, Khushi's eyes widened and she pushed Arnav away from her.

Arnav fell back on the couch, nearly balancing himself on his forearms. Before he could even ask why the hell she did that, he heard her nearly shout, "Don't touch me!"

"What?!" Arnav sat upright looking at her incredulously. "Are you out of your mind?"

"You are out of your mind! How dare you touch me? I have told earlier specifically only that you can't expect me to sleep with--"

"SHUT UP!!!" Arnav yelled, his face red with anger by being misjudged. "You really think I touched you because I wanted to sleep with you?" His voice never mellowed down. He stood back up. With heaving chest and burning eyes, he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Do you really think that?" He stared at her fear stricken face looking for answer in her eyes. When he found her eyes accusing, the anger he felt just turned into volcano.

"Are you f**king kidding me?" His voice turned hoarse by yelling so much. Khushi continued to look at him, stilled as she saw this side of him for the first time. The playfull, teasing man she saw every time they met was no where near.

"Khushi Singh Raizada! Take a good look at me and what I am. I had and can have any girl I want to sleep with me. Girls want to have one night stand with me, I have never had to persue them. They come willingly to me. So get over yourself. I don't want to sleep with you."

"But you had me in your arms---" Khushi shuttered weakly. She cannot possibly tell him the real reason. The nightmare was so real that she couldn't comprehend what was real and what was not.