chapter three

Peters POV

Wanda's sister seemed to faint for a second, and by second, I mean an actual second. She immediately shot back up, her eyes glassed over. Wanda fell backwards onto her hands but not fast enough. Addy wrapped her hands around Wanda's neck in a death grip. We all spring into action, I heard Mr. Stark order Natasha to go find the Hulk. Pietro pushed Steve out of the way, running towards the scene, he was able to pry Addy off, but not before I heard a sickening crack.

Pietro began slapping Wanda in the face, begging her to wake up. I realized I was the only one who had heard her neck snap, due to my enhanced senses. I rushed forward and scooped her up into my arms, knowing I had to get her to the Avengers tower and to Dr. Banned immediately.

People survive broken necks all the time. I told myself. She'll be okay, she has to be.

I wrapped one arm around her waist, and used the other one to shoot a grappling web in the direction I believed the Quinjet was in. It went on for a couple hundred yards before I felt my body jerk indicating it has latched onto something. It yanked us forward and I kept my grip on Wanda as we shout through the air, dodging trees that were in the way. We handed with a loud thunk on the ground. I groaned and stood up, adjusting Wanda so she was not bridle style in my arms. I ripped my mask off and looked around, seeing the quinjet only about twenty yards to my left.

I took off at full speed, running inside and setting her down on the table. I looked up and saw I wasn't the only one here. Natasha and Bruce had been whispering quietly in the corner, and Pietro was sitting anxiously on a chair tapping his foot when I arrived.

"Help, Bruce! She needs help." I yelled and he jumped up, jogging over.

"What happened?" He asked as Natasha made her way to the pilots seat, starting up the jet. "Sister, broke her neck." I said, out of breath. Pietro was now at the table. He took one look at Wanda then looked up at me, anger on his face. I went to wipe the sweat from my forehead when he grabbed the front of my suit, and punched me hard in the face.

I fell backwards with him on top of me, landing punch after punch. Bruce ignored it, too busy working on Wanda. Finally he pulled back, his hand still wrapped in the cloth of my suit. He pointed a finger at my face and spoke.

"You.." He started in his strong accent. "You are an idiot boy, should not be on this team. Who did you think you were, bringing her back here? I'm faster. You cost her her life." He yelled. "Tony was stupid to let a child fight with us, you just want to play." He said accusingly.

Mr. Stark flew in just then with Clint in his arms, right behind him was Thor and Cap, carrying Addy who seemed to be passed out again. He placed her on the ground and put a pair of handcuffs on her that were specifically designed for Wanda as a precaution in case she ever changed teams. We never had a reason to use them, they essentially stoped all capabilities of using enhanced human powers.

Tony dropped Clint to the ground. "Sorry, who's stupid?" He asked, his mask retreating into the back of his suit. "Because I know you're talking about a different Tony, right?"

"My sister is dead because of this little boy!"  Pietro shouted, and I grimaced. The pain in my face had subsided thanks to my enhanced healing.

"She has a pulse!" Bruce announced and Pietro jumped up, rushing over to the table. Bruce placed a hand on each side of Wanda's neck, and swiftly pushed the bone back into place with another crack.

I tried to catch my breath as I rubbed my hand against my chest where he had gripped my suit. I stood up and stumbled over to one of the seats, strapping myself in right next to Steve. Tony and Thor never sat when we flew, they were always busy doing other things. Natasha then pulled the wheel back and sent us straight up into the air.

I stood next to Bruce and watched in fascination as he fixed Wanda's neck. Due to the high end equipment we have, he said she wouldn't need a cast and her neck would be fully functioning as soon as she woke up.

He crossed the room, his lab coat billowing behind him, and made his way to where Addy was lying. He adjusted his glasses and pressed his finger tips against the side of her head.

"She mentioned a chip, I'm wondering where it is, and if it can be removed." He said and looked up at me. "Follow me and bring her." I pushed the gurney behind him as he led me to an X-ray machine specifically made for heads. He adjusted it to fit her head, then slid it over her skull. He speed walked across the room and flipped a switch. When he came back he grabbed a desk near him, rolling it over. On it was a single grey box which he tapped twice, a hologram computer shooting up out of it. He swiped his finger across the computer until the brain scans popped up and zoomed in, looking confused.

"There's a microscopic chip lodged in her frontal lobe." He muttered under her breath

"Can we remove it?" I asked and he nodded, "I think so." He looked up at me and smiled a little. "Go grab me a medical kit and an intensive surgery kit." He ordered and I obeyed.

When I returned, he opened both bags. He pulled out an IV and poked it into her. He then pulled out a vial and injected the liquid which I knew was anesthetic into the IV stream. He pulled out a scalpel and got to work. He made an incision across the right side of her head going all the way to the center of her forehead. He cut along the skin so he could peel it back, and began doing some complicated work I knew nothing about. The steady beep of the vitals machine started to speed up, getting faster and faster. The incisions Dr. Banner had made instantly closed up, and the girls skin started to change the way it looked when I first saw her, small bumps protruded from her head, but I couldn't see what they were under all her hair.

"What the hell..." Bruce trailed off, clearly confused. The girl jumped up, suddenly awake, she started thrashing around but thankfully she was strapped down. I held her down on the chest as Dr. Banner injected more anesthetic into her IV, knocking her out. "Guess we're gonna have to be quick about this." He said. "Which means it will be dangerous. I need you to go, and send Tony in." I nodded, a little upset Dr. Banner didn't trust me around the patient. I walked past Wanda with Pietro patiently at her bed side.

I exited the lab, in search of Tony Stark.