Chapter 19 | Lies

Hey there lovelies! Here's another chapter for ya!

Chapter dedications:
@quinndiamandis
@lovesickdevil
💜💜💜

Kellin's Pov

I clung to Vic's arm as we walked downstairs. I just wanted to get out of here. I wanted to go home and go to sleep. That way I can wake up and just act like tonight didn't happen. Maybe that way I would be able to forget the harsh words that were thrown at me and the way they make my skin crawl. Maybe I could forget the feeling of worthlessness that washed over me as I sat there and let him do and say whatever he wanted. A maybe was all I could hope for.

As expected Oliver was waiting right at the bottom of the stairs.
"Hey Kellin." He said in a soft voice. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I mumbled and put a little more pressure on the grip I had of Vic's arm, hopefully letting him know I didn't want to be here right now.
"What happened?" Oliver questioned. "Just say the words and he'll be gone you know that right? You just have to tell me what happened."
"Nothing happened. It's fine. Just...just don't worry about it." I told him and started to tug Vic towards the door.
"Kells that's bullsh-" Vic started but I cut him off with my sigh.
"If I felt the need to tell Oliver anything I would, but I don't. I am fine." I let go of Vic's arm all together and just left them standing as I walked towards the parking lot. Vic was quick to follow. I slipped into the passenger seat and didn't say a word the whole way back to my place. Vic kept glancing at me and tugging at the end if his lip but there was nothing I could do about that.

We soon reached the small complex of apartments that I lived in. As Vic shut off the car he started to say something but I was quick to just raise my hand, as if to say I don't want to hear it. He didn't say anything else and just followed me as I walked up to my place. Once I stepped through the doorway I instantly felt relieved. Home was one of the few places I actually felt safe and besides Vic's arms it was a favorite. I sat my bag down and headed straight for the bathroom. I took a steaming shower, one that left my pale skin looking like it was extremely sunburned. I then slipped into an old hoodie and a pair of checkered pajama pants. When I came out of the steamy room, towel drying my still wet hair, I found Vic sitting on the couch with a distressed look on his face.

I took a seat beside of him and laid my head on his shoulder.
"What's wrong?" I asked him quietly. He didn't answer at first. So I waited a few moments and asked again.
"Tell me." Was all he said in response.
"Tell you what?" I asked confused.
"Kellin you know what, just please tell me what happened."
"Vic there's nothing to tell." I shook my head.
"I know better than that. Whatever he did in there wasn't right. He hurt you and I want to know because he's never doing it again."
I rolled my eyes and lifted my head up from his shoulder. "Vic it's nothing."
"No it's not! It's not nothing! Do you even know how distraught you were, how broken you looked? That's not nothing Kellin."
"It's nothing new, okay? I guess it just sometimes gets to me and I have a bad night. It's nothing serious."

He shook his head and sighed. "Kellin I know whatever he did is hurting you. It's not right and I don't want to see you like that."
I scoffed and stood up from the couch. "Vic it's nothing to worry about okay."
"Yes it is! You didn't see yourself Kellin. You didn't see yourself sobbing or the lost look in your eyes. It was heartbreaking and I just want to help you."
"You can't!" I shouted. "How could you possibly help? Its not like you can just make him quit saying what he does. You can't stop the way he spits my name and tells me i'm worthless. You can't stop the way he grips on to my hips way too tight and tells me to be a good little slut. You can't stop all the demeaning things that comes from his mouth. All the names. You just can't. I have to face the truth at some point anyway." I said, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes.
"What truth Kellin? That he's a dick? Because you need to realize that sooner than later." He stood up and threw his hands in the air.

I shook my head. "You're blind."
"Blind to what?" I just shook my head again and tried to wipe away the tears that were beginning to fall down my cheeks. "Kellin what am I blind to? I think i'm the only one seeing the truth here!"
"No you're not!" I yelled. "You don't get it! I am the whore Vic! I am a good for nothing slut and that's the end of it! Everything Jack says is true." I stopped trying to wipe my tears away at this point because it was pointless. "I am a disgusting object that was made for people to use! That's it! That's the truth! See there's nothing to tell."
"Kellin, what the fuck? That's not true at all." He walked over to me and pulled me to his chest. I fought against him and tried to pull away but he wasn't having it.
"Stop it! Don't try and feed me lies. You're the one that needs to just see. I don't even know why you like to be around me." I sobbed. "Why Vic! Why?"