Chapter 41 - Looking Up The Past

The next day, ZhouXiang rested at home. He kept thinking over and over again. Finally he decided to go to the Internet cafe and do a search on the things that happened two years ago and see how his incident was reported. Sitting in front of the computer, after the listing of the names of the crew, the page was redirected. His heart is literally suspended in that moment.

Nobody in the world can understand his feelings. He is actually looking at his own death report.

Although it happened two years ago, there were still a lot of reports about that accident. ZhouXiang looked at it one by one. His heart felt more and more pained.

At that time, he was not the only one that had an accident. There was also a very talkative young man in his early twenties that was buried under the mudslide. Several of the crews were injured. The ones that were scattered were rescued in the subsequent Soshan Operation. The expectations and enthusiasm of the crew when they entered the mountain were all shattered.

After he fell off the cliff, the rescue team couldn't find any clues because the heavy rain had already washed away all the traces. After looking for a week, they still couldn't find his body so they could only treat his as a disappearance. But no one believed that he was still alive, otherwise why would he not appeared in two years?

ZhouXiang also wanted to know where his body is. When he thought of his body lying in the depths of the mountains, exposed to all the natural elements, turning in a pile of bones, he felt such immense pain that made him want to cry.

For the first time, he clearly felt like he was really 'dead', but he didn't even get a chance to have a burial.

If possible, he really wanted to go back and find his body. But where he went that night, he didn't even know himself. Even the rescue team could not find him, how could he?

ZhouXiang stared at the computer screen for a long time and still could not get himself out of this heavy sentimental emotion. This body that had accompanied him for thirty years was the greatest gift left by his parents. It was healthy and full of life. Without that body, it's like the only thing left by his parents in the world has disappeared.

ZhouXiang sat for a long time. There was an indescribable pain in his heart but there was no one he could talk to.

It took him a long time to adjust his emotions and search for other important content but there wasn't any.

He thought about it and searched for LanXiRong. He found out that after his accident two years ago, LanXiRong left to develop his career abroad and only occasionally returned to China. He is already a hot commodity Chinese film star in Hollywood. Although he has not yet gotten the chance to play the protagonist, not many Chinese artists can compare to him in terms of international influence.

ZhouXiang is very happy for LanXiRong.

With this two years gap, he had too many questions.

So he searched news of WangYuDong.

In the end, WangYuDong didn't act in that film. But the reason for the fall-out is definitely not because Director Wang changed out his role. WangYuDong regretfully withdrew for 'physical reasons.' Missing out on this did not affect WangYuDong's career at all. In fact, after half a year of silence, he took on several films, pushing his acting career to a peak, getting awards one by one. Although ZhouXiang hated him, he had to admit that WangYuDong is a naturally talented actor. His acting skills pervaded into all aspects of life, helping him achieve the effects that he wanted...regardless of whether it was on the big screen or in his interpersonal relationships. With WangYuDong's cleverness in dealing with people, some people can't even achieve with a lifetime of practice.