Part 5: want him back?

'Nice to meet you' part 5? Or 6? Idk.

You and Mena hung out more and all of a sudden, the name Kayla didn't hurt him anymore.

Mena, you, and Naomi exited the dark movie theatre laughing and recalling some of the parts in the movie.

"It's getting late, let's take you, girls, home," Mena says looking at his watch, but you noticed it wasn't the same one as the first time you met him, not Kayla's gift, it was a new one.

Naomi and you crack up in the back as she shows you a bunch of pictures she took on set.

Naomi kisses your cheek and Mena's as she exits the car, tiredly.

"Thank you, Meens and Y/n," she says as she unlocks her apartment door.

She verges in and Mena drives away to your hotel room.

"So, a new watch?" You say lifting your eyebrow as he lets out a small laugh.

"Yup, I figured I don't need the other one." He says looking back at you.

He maneuvers the wheel through the streets as the night grows darker. Your eyelids are heavier than ever but awake enough to talk with Mena.

"You honestly don't, " you say jumping to the passenger seat.

"I want to thank you, y/n," Mena says as you grow nervous.

"For what, "

"For what you told me that day on set, those words helped me a lot. I really needed to hear that." Mena says carefully placing his hand on your thigh as your muscles grow tenser.

"It's the truth, Mena, how would anyone cheat on you? I mean you're literally the coolest guy." You say looking out the window and back at him.

"Your an amazing friend and..."

The word hit you right on the stomach, friend? Just a friend?  Mena not yet finished with his sentence, hesitating whether to finish it up or not. He comes to a stop in front of your house as his phone vibrates, you peek and look at the top of the screen, Kayla.

"I gotta go, Mena, thanks for the ride, and don't fall for that." You say angrily as you close the door.

He nods and watches you walk up the stairs of the hotel.

You wanted to cry, maybe Kayla wanted him back. You admit it, you have a huge crush on him but what if he did see you as a friend and Naomi and you had it all wrong.

You crawled into bed not removing your makeup and having a serious mental breakdown as your phone buzzed with messages from Naomi asking how the ride went. You ignored the whole world and cry onto your pillow all night.

You started to hate the butterflies you feel every time you see Mena, and you started to hate Kayla more now. What a hypocrite, you thought.

Short and sweet chapter 😘