Chapter 1 - Fight or Flight

Not my artwork! If it's yours and you want me to take it down please message me!
=====

It was a glorious and sunny morning, the Starlings and Pidgeys cheeping along while the Rattatta and Pachirisu skittered around. It was peaceful, perfect for a lazy ten-year-old to be sleeping in. That is... until...

"Espy! Espeon!"

"Gahck!"

The lazy one that was just mentioned glared sleepily at the purple Sun Pokémon with hazel eyes that were met with amused amethyst ones. The girl yawned, brushing some brown hair out of her face a moment later.

"Really Espy? I was having a good dream," The girl complained, sitting up despite the noise of complaint from the moved Pokémon. She sighed in annoyance before grabbing her brush from her nightstand, "Guess I have to get ready huh? We might as well train today," She smiled at Espeon who still sat on her lap.

"Esp," Espeon narrowed her eyes at the girl before they started to glow blue, using Psychic to bring the calendar from the wall to the girl. She raised an eyebrow but looked at the calendar with squinted eyes. It took a whole five seconds of processing and the Jeopardy song before she suddenly jumped up, disregarding the Pokémon on her lap. Espeon quickly used Psychic on herself, landing on the human's bed while glaring at the panicking girl.

"Crap crap crap! I completely forgot that we were flying to Kalos today!" She threw on her clothes quickly, nearly burying her Pokémon in her pajamas while the other yelped. After shoving her arms through a leather jacket and her backpack straps she clipped on a belt and shoved on some fingerless gloves. "Come on Espeon! We need to go!" The Pokémon rolled her eyes before jumping onto her trainer's shoulder, sitting regally while the other ran out of the Pokémon Center. The human grabbed the skateboard from the air, Espeon using her Psychic to grab the piece of wood and help her trainer from forgetting something else. Pretty soon they were flying through the streets, Espeon somehow able to retain her regal pose while they dodged people and Pokémon alike.

"Espeon!" The Pokémon suddenly shouted in her trainer's ear, the two were heading to Goldenrod City and were currently on a path that cut through a field.

"What?" The trainer glared at her Pokémon for a millisecond before following the other's gaze. A small Cubone was crying while two men who looked like poachers approached the poor Pokémon with greedy grins, batons, and nets. It only took a split second of observing the scene before she suddenly swerved off of her current path, her board hitting a rock at the perfect angle. What that means is that the girl was sent flying while the board flipped and landed perfectly in the middle of the path.

"What the?!" The poachers recoiled, not expecting a girl to roll in between them and their prize.

"Back off!" She growled, standing up with her Espeon in her arms from protecting the Eeveelution in her roll.

"Why should we little girl?!" One of them growled, his blue baseball cap shadowing his sneering face a little.

"We caught this runt fair and square!" The other added, his brown scruffy beard moving along with his harshly spat words.

"Well, this Pokémon obviously has a trainer! Until I can find them you're stuck with me!" The trainer bit back, her Pokémon nodding along with her hackles raised.

Mr.Baseball let out a shrill laugh that made Espeon's ears flatten and her trainer's nose scrunch up. "Are you kidding me?! We saw this little one get abandoned! Although it may not be too good of a Pokémon it's still something to sell! Maybe one of our buyers can whip it into shape!"