Chapter 4 - It's A Date

After dealing with a slightly freaked out Cubone during the few moments that the plane landed, the three wandered around the airport. There wasn't much to look at, a few tourist shops that sold overpriced goods was all that was around. Phe exited the airport with her Pokémon in tow, Espeon having to physically drag Phe back with Psychic so she could actually look at the map to see where the heck to go.

"So, to the Poké Center?" Phe decided, her two Pokémon agreeing with simple nods. Espeon sat in her normal place but Phe was a little worried about the Ground-type in her arms. "Cubone, you wanna stay out or you wanna go in the Pokéball? I don't want you getting too freaked out."

"Cu," Cubone latched his hands onto Phe's sleeve to make his decision clear.

His actions caused Phe to chuckle, the girl patting him on the head in response. "Okay then, guess you're standing your ground," Grinning at her Pokémon who groaned at her terrible pun, Phe decided on something quickly. "Cubone, you wanna get on my shoulder?" Cubone considered it for a moment before nodding rapidly, making Phe chuckle once more. The three quickly situated themselves, Espeon sitting on her right shoulder while Cubone sat on her left. Jumping onto her skateboard, Phe set out quite easily.

Despite the sudden dodges she had to employ when she turned some of the corners, the journey was relatively calm and open to sightseeing. The constant yet small grin on her face told of how much she enjoyed the new Pokémon and buildings around. The main thing that caught her attention was the Lumiose tower, a tall and grand building that reflected the sun to be a beacon of glass and steel. Another turn made a direct shot for the Pokémon Center, where Phe would stay for the rest of her time in Lumiose before she moved on to the first gym. Although there was a gym in Lumiose, her ability to fight against those high-level Pokémon was sorely lacking. The lowest level and comparatively easiest gym to the rest was the Bug-type gym in Santalune City. Her ability to travel was decent because of her skateboard and she did have a makeshift hammock and a cot in her bag.

"Hey!"

"Y-Yes?" A ravenette who just got called out outside of the Pokémon Center answered back nervously. Three much taller and stronger guys shoved him into the nearby alley, making Phe scowl a little before she edged closer.

"Give us your money!"

"I--"

"That wasn't a request, squeaker!"

Her scowl grew bigger, the increased aggressiveness from the attackers putting her into action. Nodding to her Pokémon and returning Cubone to his Pokéball, Phe backed up and readied herself while Espeon did the same. Phe suddenly picked up a lot of speed, Espeon using Psychic to ramp the skateboard up into the sky. The boys were forced to look up when what little light that was in the thin alleyway disappeared, met with the sight of a brunette girl with a leather jacket, tank top, jeans, fingerless gloves, a Pokémon, and a skateboard in the sky. Phe landed easily even when her board took a swan dive into the pavement, one of her feet hitting the ground before and under her board to keep the piece of wood from potentially snapping from the concrete.

Phe put her board on her back, turning and grinning at the ravenette like she hadn't just flown. "You good?"

"Y-Yeah..." The ravenette stuttered, taking the hand she offered shyly to pull himself up from the dirty ground that held untold stories that should probably stay untold.

"Hey!" One of the three growled, obviously annoyed after finally jumping out of his shock.

"Hey to you too," Rena turned, grinning at them even though they could probably kick her to kingdom come. "How are the rats doing today?"