Chapter 2 - Bonds of a Lifetime

Not my artwork! If it's yours and you want me to take it down please message me!
=====

It was a beautiful morning, the sun shining, the Flabebe floating, the Fletchling singing, and the Buneary frolicking. A peaceful and soundless blonde girl slept on a queen sized bed, the royal purple canopy and sheets boasting their colors in the sun.

"Absol... Absol sol."

"Mm?"

Pale eyelids fluttered open, shining sky blue eyes taking in the shiny Pokémon in front of her with a soft and tired smile. She rose from her slumber like a modern Cinderella, the Disaster Pokémon her awaiting prince. "Morning Absol..." The young girl yawned, hovering a hand over her mouth to make the simple action regal.

"Master Lucinda?" The one in question turned her head, the Dark-type doing the same. The butler fit with a suit and tie wasn't unnerved by the two pairs of blue eyes resting on him, instead continuing his message in a proper tone. "Your breakfast is ready. Your mother and father are waiting to have one last meal before you leave for your journey."

It only took a moment for the girl to completely process but the instant that she did she gave a closed eyed smile. "Of course, I'll join them in a minute. Thank you."

"Of course, Master Lucinda," The butler politely bowed his head, closing the giant doors gently enough only a 'click' was heard.

"Time to start," Lucinda smiled at Absol, the Dark-type nodding back when he saw the excitement in her eyes. She reached for her gem encrusted brush, the small stones digging into her hand as she brushed through her lightly tangled hair. Pretty soon she was finished with that, taking a moment before putting her hair into a Dutch braid. Lucinda stood up with practiced grace, petting the stationary Pokémon on the head as she stepped past and to her large step in closet.

"Hmm, what to wear?" The blonde hummed softly, spinning around to take in her massive selection. "Definitely not a sundress, they are still cute just not quite practical," Lucinda turned away from the items in question while the Disaster Pokémon waited patiently for her just outside the closet. "I'm definitely wearing these sandals. Those jeans work... I like that tank top but something's missing... Ah hah!"

Lucinda stepped out, doing a little twirl for both the Pokémon and the mirror. "How do I look?" Her outfit was quite simple but she pulled it off perfectly. She had on sandals with purple straps, dark blue skinny jeans completing her bottom half. On top she wore a purple tank top, a simple light gray shawl resting on her shoulders to cover the straps.

"Absol!" The Dark-type barked his approval, the girl giggling at the shiny's excitement.

"Something's still missing," The girl mumbled quietly. Absol tilted his head before getting up and grabbing something for her vanity. "Perfect, thanks Absol," The Pokémon nodded at the human's gratitude, letting her take the necklace from his mouth. It was a simple charm necklace, one charm being a rose with its stem, another being a four-leafed clover with no stem, and finally a North Star charm (all of them were silver). The star rested in the middle with the rose to the left and the shamrock to the right. "Let's go meet Mom and Dad!"

"Absol!" The red shiny nodded along, following in step behind the girl. They walked down long, lonely, and shadowed halls, the sun creating breaks in the darkness through the grand windows.

"Hello dear," Lucinda's mom greeted with a smile. The woman had bright blonde hair, her green eyes glimmering with her perfect teeth. She sat at the other end of the grand table that reached the entire length of the 30 or so feet that the center of the room allowed. At her place, there was a grand arrangement of silverwear, complete nonsense to those not practiced in the ways of the ball room.