Chapter 47

Sebastian didn’t dare to move, to speak, to breath. Adrien was stripped all but his underwear. The fresh burn marks on his face and chest, long cuts were also upon his chest looked as if they were infected by a whip; the spider bite on his hand and neck were starting to swell and the bleeding wound on his shoulder and arm; all of it just made Sebastian’s heart ache. It took all his strength not to fall to his knees.

“Vanessa, what is the meaning of this?!” Gabriel demanded. This wasn’t part of the plan and now that he thought about it, why the hell was the boy strip of his clothes? He was suppose to stay alive for now, not freeze to death.

“A change in plans, Gabriel.” She replied. “A major change in plans. You see, I have my own need for ‘The Child’ and frankly, just using him to bring back your dead wife is such a wast.”

“Your wife?” Natasha asked, trying to keep her voice calm. Gabriel took a quick glance at her.

“Oh, you seem very found of Natasha.” Vanessa purred. “But I have sources that tell me that she’s not who she says she is.”

Natasha glared at her.

“You can stop the charade, Sebastian Belmont.” She let the words drip off her tongue slowly, like sweet but poisonous liquid.

“Sebastian?!” Gabriel turned to him.

No use hiding it now. Sebastian dropped all of his illusions and his scent washed over the room. He removed the veil and tossed it aside. “Yes Father, it’s me.” He wiped his lips and spitted out some silva.

“My god, and you just. . . . !” Gabriel wiped his lips as well. He even turned a little green.

Sebastian placed his hands on his hips. “Excuse me, but were you not planing to do the same thing? I only kissed you so you wouldn’t see Richard and Agnés coming up damn hallway.” 

“So that’s who was throwing up.” Gabriel sighed. “Perfect, my oldest son has a weak stomach and my youngest has the nerve to do the unspeakable.”

Vanessa giggled.

“Shut up witch.” Father and son spoke simultaneously. They turned back to each other.

“All of this. . . . .just to save the kid?” Gabriel asked respectfully.

“Yes because he means that much to me and for the last time, he’s not ‘The Child’. And what the hell is this? Necromancy? What the hell do you think you’re doing Father? Were you planing to use me in all of this?”

“Attempting to bring you mother back and. . . . .I was thinking to use Natasha as a new body for her.”

Sebastian snorted. “And you think that’s what mother wants? You go and desecrate her grave and bring her back here? She died trying to save you. You would really go and bring her back when she’s at peace?”

“I love her more than you’ll ever know.”

Sebastian shook his head. “That’s not love. Not any more. This. . .”—he gestured to the altar with his hand—“this is not love, it’s narcissism. You only care about wanting your wife back. Not once did you truly give thought about how me and Richard felt nor how we dealt with her death. We came to terms with it a long time ago and I’ve been blaming you for it.” He pointed to the coffin. “Do you think that she wants to come back after dying for you? She died in vain for not stopping you that night. Because of your thickheadedness to go after those hunters, you nearly got yourself killed just like I said that you would!”

“I was protecting this clan. Do not bring up the—”

No! I’ve been holding this in since the day my mother died. You were arrogant, thickheaded and impulsive back then. Now you’re only a man who only has a one-track mind that doesn’t care what others think and is so poisonous that it has rotted your soul.”