Chapter 49

Which is worst: running into town as a gender bender or having a boy that you care for dying in your arms while running into town?

The streets were filled with vampires and their thralls, all looking for shelter before the sun’s light came. Sebastian sped through them all: cars, people, vampires, all in the desperate need of finding a doctor, or in this case a descended of a doctor he use to know back in the late 1300s. Thankfully the family knew about the existents of vampires so there was no need to worry about him freaking out.

Although after that had all transpired, the whole town might freak out now and fear that the clan might take over.

Sebastian shook his head, One thing at a time, he told himself. He turned the corner and hurried up the street to a little corner shop. Because his hands were full, he tapped on the door with his foot. “Dr. White. It’s me Sebastian! It’s an emergency!” He shouted at the second floor window.

The lights of the store flicked on and there was a bustle coming from inside, like someone was bumping into everything just trying to get to the door. After a few things crashing to the floor, the door opened. A short man, about five foot seven, with a grey mustache and a balding head with also grey hair stood in front of Sebastian. His round glasses sat on the bridge of his small round red nose, his rosy cheeks were slight cubby and he also had a little chubbiness to his belly.

His brown eyes squinted at the vampire, trying to recognizing him. “Sebastian Belmont? My word, is that you?” He asked in a British accent.

“Yes, please let me in it’s an emergency.” Sebastian spoke quickly, slipping pass the old doctor.

The front of the shop was small, a few shelfs held all shorts of medical herbs and plants. There was also an assortment of ACE bandages, pregnancy tests, modern day medicines and herbal teas. Sebastian hurried to the back of the shop, pass the stairs leading up to the second floor where the old doctor’s home was. Dr. White closed the front door and hurried his cubby rear end to the back room and flipped on the lights.

The room was white with a white tile floor. Blue sheets were spread over a hospital bed and over in the lower left hand corner was a counter with a light board used to look at X-rays handing above. Sebastian laid Adrien on the bed and turned to the doc. “He’s dying. Can you do something?”

Dr. White hurried over to the boy and examined his wounds and burns. “What happened to him.”

“Long story short: he’s been burned, poisoned and lost a lot of blood. Is there anything you can do for him?” He watched the doctor hustle around, putting on gloves and pulling out items to clean wounds and medicines. He also hurried over to a cooler in the corner. “What’s his blood type?”

Sebastian quickly leaned over and bit into Adrien’s neck, tasting his blood. “O.” He replied.

As the doctor did his thing, Sebastian ran his fingers through the young man’s bangs. His cold skin was flawless like snow, fresh and light, ignoring the scars, and the light shade of Caucasian, Adrien was an angel in his eyes.

A scarred angel who somehow ended up in Sebastian’s life was now on the verge of leaving. Linking their hands, Sebastian caressed the boy’s cheek with his free one.

“You could turn him.” Dr. White quietly mentioned.

“No.” The vampire snapped, flicking his eyes up. “I will not force him into this life.”

Dr. White inserted an IV into Adrien’s hand. “But isn’t that what vampire’s do best? Giving immortality?”

Sebastian planted a light kiss upon Adrien’s other hand then stood. He met the doctor’s gaze and held it with sternness. “No human should be forced to become a bloodsucking vampire. It should be their decision. I want Adrien to have that choice”—he brushed the redhead’s bangs out of his eyes—“and I trust your skills. I don’t want him to lose his human life at this age.”