the kiss

“You know what, brother? This is just so ridiculously inconceivable. What has gotten into you that you actually invited me to go with you?” I sat on his bed as I intently observed his actions. He is fixing his hair and attempting to do some styling on it.

“Just shut up, Fyre.”

I played with the ends of my hair and twirled it on my finger, “I have a hunch. Maybe some fatal disease has taken over you and you’re now treating me oh-so-nicely before leaving this beautiful world because you came to realize that for sure you’d be sent straight to hell if you continue to-”

“Zip your fucking mouth, Fyre, before I drag you out of this room and throw you recklessly in the trash bin.” He faced me and shoot an intense glare at me.

“I won’t fit in that bin, brother.” I flashed a grin to annoy him. He, in return, groaned in frustration.

“Get your ass out of my room and wait for me downstairs.” 

Me, being his stubborn sister, I only made a face, but then he advanced and threatened to hit me with a pillow.

“Whatever, John Leonard.” I hissed and rushed out of his room, pouting.

I sat on our cushioned sofa, watching the clock tick. It’s been 15 minutes and he’s still not out yet. I’m growing impatient while waiting for my brother, he’s taking too long grooming himself. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily.

John Leonard asked me to accompany him for he is going attend a ‘homecoming party’ for whoever Pontius Pilate it is. I wanted to refuse but this phenomenon only happens once in a blue moon and so, I nodded my head for a ‘yes’ even if it’s against my will.

To be very honest, I’ve always wished to party out of boredom but not with my brother and definitely not over someone’s homecoming party. It’s just that, Mom doesn’t allow me to. I am certain that they just want to protect their ‘only daughter’, but I already know how to handle myself. I’m freaking nineteen years old already, a fully grown up lady.

My night life is just so boring! My Mom treats me like a three-year-old kid who is incapable of taking care of herself. I don’t know if she’s overprotective or just plain strict.

“Let’s go?” It’s John Leonard.

I scanned my brother’s outfit from top to bottom. He’s channeling his graphic white shirt with a large ‘metallica’ printed on it paired with blue jeans and a white sneakers to complete his outfit of the night. It’s casual but he looks undeniably dope.

“Sure.” I wiggled my brows and smiled playfully at him. I grabbed my satchel and hung it on my shoulder. I am wearing a designer’s floral dress and a sequenced flat shoes.

“My dear children, where are you bound to go?” We synchronically tilted our heads to cast a glance on our ever blooming mother. She’s wearing her brown silky night gown.

“To a friend’s house, Mom. His parents are gonna throw a homecoming party for him.” said Leonard.

“Him? Oh, is it Minseok’s son? Mark Lee? The one from Canada?”

I gasped in surprise. I forgot to ask John Leonard about it, good thing Mom’s already doing it for me.

John Leonard shook his head, “No. Jessica Jung’s son. And he’s coming back from America.”

“Jung Jaehyun?” She rapidly batted her eyelashes and dramatically made her way down the grand staircase.

My brother flashed a mischievous smile and winked at her. They’re exchanging knowing looks that I didn't bother to comprehend.