Chapter 16

Calum took me home later that night, and only whispered goodbye as I climbed out of the car and walked up to my apartment.

The sky was still clouded over, and rain was starting to fall.

I climbed up the dirty wooden steps to my apartment door and dug through my purse to find my keys.

I grew frustrated standing there, trying to find my keys but with no success.

"Ugh this is so fucking annoying!"

I yell, dropping my bag, my fist hitting my door.

I put my hands in my pocket and feel the familiar cold touch of my keys.

A door opens down the hall and a small brown head of hair pops out and looks at me.

"Elizabeth, are you okay?"

My heart melted as Sophia spoke, she was only five, but she was the most caring child I've ever met.

"I'm fine now Sophia, you can go back inside. Tell your mom I say hi."

I smile and Sophia nods, shutting her door.

I grab my purse and pull my keys from my pocket, unlocking the front door.

~*~

The cool air hits me as I walk into my apartment.

Everything is dark, but I actually don't mind this time. The dark feels comforting.

I shut the door behind me and put my purse on the counter. I grab my phone from my purse and then walk to my room.

I peel off my clothes and pull a pair of sweats and a tshirt on, then walk back into the living room, turning on the tv.

My phone buzzes and I check the ID.

-new text from Calum-

I fight with myself on whether I should reply or not. I decide to unlock my phone and reply.

-Calum: Elizabeth baby I just wanted to say I'm so sorry.-

-You: it's fine, i promise okay?-

-Calum: I just, I feel like shit, and I'm so sorry.-

-You: Calum, I said it's fine, can we please just drop it?-

-Calum: yea I guess. I love you.-

-You: I love you too-

I sigh and put my phone down. I reach behind me and grab the blanket off of the back of my couch and wrap it around myself, reimmersing myself into reality TV.

After twenty minutes of being absorbed in Toddlers and Tiaras, my phone buzzes again. I sigh angrily and grab it, checking the ID.

-New text from Ashton-

Sadness fills my mind as memories from earlier in the day flood my consciousness.

I quickly unlock my phone and check his message.

-Ashton: Versatile. Turning with ease from one thing to another. That my dear, is you. You, are the living definition of versatile.-

-You: excuse me?-

-Ashton: you switched from caring about Calum, to caring about me, and don't you fucking deny it.-

I didn't reply for a few minutes. I was too surprised by what Ashton had said.

I decided to not reply, setting my phone face down, trying to focus on the television.

But, no matter how hard I tried to focus on the show, Ashton's words continued to taunt my mind.

~*~

I wake up on the couch, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I pull the blue woven blanket off of me and turn to look at the clock.

11:06 pm.

I groan and stand up, stretching my arms as I stand. My phone falls to the floor and I grab it, scanning all of the notifications. One specific notification catches my attention.

-Ashton, Michael, Luke and Calum: Wait Calum, you hit her? What the hell? :o :o-

I could tell from the overuse of emojis that either Michael or Luke has sent it.

-You: Guys it's fine, I'm okay, trust me.-

-Ashton: yea because that's obviously how you felt when you left.-

-Luke: oh my god Elizabeth seriously just tell us if anything is wrong.-

-Michael: yea, it'll be okay. We already know why they fought, but everything is okay, trust us.-

-you: I do trust you, and I'm okay.-

-Everyone: okay.-

~*~

Yay second update in two days. A little bit of stuff went down. Elizabeth is confused on how she feels. Ashton knows how she really feels, but doesn't want to push her.

Anyways thank you for the reads and votes! feel free to comment or anything.

-alexis xx