Keys

{ship and plot requested by: @user95192374}

Word count: 8135

Big thanks to maraschinoxcherry for rewriting the one shot for me! Thanks to them, I was able to post it this fast.
ok now let's indulge in sin together

  Only when they collapse on the floor, breath heavy, and look out the window to see nothing but pitch black darkness, do they realize that they might have overworked for the day.

Their limbs feel delightfully numb, layers of sheen sweat glistening on their skin, and it seems like the dance studio is spinning around them. The air is hot, heavy, humid, and they can't feel their bodies anymore but, god, how they love this sensation. Straining themselves, pushing each other to the limit until it's perfect— until they're perfect. That has been Jimin and Hoseok's daily routine for a little over a year, since they met each other in this class and decided that their friendship absolutely needed to happen.

It initially started out as spending a couple extra minutes practicing together until the coach was urging them to get out so he could go home, but eventually the man got enough of their shit and ended up making spare keys for them to use.

"Shit," Hoseok pants, laid out on the floor with his heart pounding in his chest. "What time is it?"

Jimin has to put his heart and soul into fighting exhaustion to retrieve his phone on the floor near him and lift it up to look at the time.

"A little past midnight."

"We've been dancing for five hours?!" Hoseok exclaims, rolling onto his side to face Jimin.

"Fuck, man. I don't think I brought my keys." Jimin groans, running a hand through his damp blond hair.

"Isn't your roommate home?"

Jimin snorts, soft breathy laugh coming out of his mouth as he cranes his neck to look at Hoseok.

"He's always fast asleep before eleven. And I really doubt he'll bother waking up to open the door for me."

"You'll have to crash at my place again, then." Hoseok chuckles and sits up, feeling his whole body ache. "Dawon won't shut up about you anyways, she says you haven't come to see her in way too long."

"Aw, your sister's so cute."

The blonde's lips gently stretch into a loving smile and he coos, voice high in pitch. A shadow casts over him and he looks up to see Hoseok towering over him with his hand stretched out for him to hold. Reluctantly, he props himself up on his elbows and grabs the hand firmly, then Hoseok's pulling him up to help him stand. His legs feel like they're going to give in at any moment and he groans from fatigue but it's so good, the strain of his muscles and numbness taking over his body is something he always loved.

"Water?" Jimin asks, rummaging through his backpack.

"Yes, I love you dude." Hoseok breathes out and catches the plastic bottle thrown his way.

"Gay." The blonde laughs.

Hoseok brings the bottle up to his mouth and almost moans in relief when the water runs down his dry throat, freshness bursting through his body and cooling down the boiling heat that's been engulfing him for the past five hours.
Then he screws the bottle cap back on and grabs his bag to throw it over his shoulder. He watches as Jimin finishes gathering his things.

Hoseok isn't stupid.

He doesn't need to ask to guess that Jimin is most definitely not completely straight, not just because his interests greatly fluctuated in the gender spectrum — from disappearing with a beautiful woman with chocolate skin and gorgeous blue hair during a party to flirting with a guy with nice dimples at a dance competition — but also because his outfits have caught his and probably a few other people's eyes more than once. He admires him, because he is completely unfazed by other's opinion of him and just wears whatever the fuck he wants.