- 3 -

The last weeks of August were always the coldest ones, filled with the wind that had always seemed to wait for the final days of the season to finally remind everyone that the hot, almost stagnantly warm days of summer were now over, replaced by the chilly days of autumn and now darkening leaves of many new different colours, bringing an end to all of those early mornings, when the thick white fog crept around the city, making everyone unable to see further than their nose and the beads of drew dripping down slowly the red garden roses, everlasting flowers, even in the winter, put out a little everywhere in the city to commemorate the ones that had fallen to Otashi in the current year. It was a warm Sunday night of the end of a very hot day, one that had been quite unexpected, since the weather had seemed to become cooler over the last two weeks, following the natural cycle of temporary warmth, followed by the long and seemingly endless cold winter. Well nestled into his house, the green-haired professor was busy in his office, a very small room which was barely even two meters square big in total, preparing the courses he would teach his students this year, always having to adapt every single year to the "new and improved" program, despite nothing changing much except from one thing or two, just to say that the Ministry of Education worked on something, which ended up always coming back to the same old thing the year after, due to its obvious failure. The teacher was really busy, listening to some Korean rappers he quite enjoyed, trying his best to make an interesting schedule throughout the year for his future students. He sighed loudly as he had only planned the four first months of the year. Suddenly, to his surprise, after one of his favourite songs ended, his own song started playing, making him quite surprised that despite the fact that he thought that he wasn't a very popular rapper, maybe even an underground one. When the recognizable beat started, he began to rap, which turned out to become a duo with himself, knowing the lyrics of his own song by heart, as he had poured his own feelings and thoughts into it, having worked more than thirty-five hours on this song alone. He sang his heart out until his song ended and he smiled at his papers, happy to see that he was in an official rapper playlist alongside some names he had always idolized since they were actually the ones that had made him want to start his career as a rapper. The mint-haired male was getting bored, and outside, there was laughter, cheers and music playing, which made the teacher feel even more irritated by the fact that he wasn't free, chained to the work he had to complete by the end of the week. As children were enjoying themselves outside, Yoongi almost wanted to scream at them, as he just wanted to sleep, overly exhausted as he hadn't had slept in ages, but instead of entering a frenzied rage, he slammed his book shut and stood up. The green-haired male pushed his chair, making a loud screeching noise on his cold wooden floor, sounding just like teeth grinding against each other. Dressed up in an oversized white t-shirt with the words "ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ, sᴀʀᴄᴀsᴍ ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇᴅ" written in big black and charcoal grey font, and a pair of ripped cerulean-coloured washed jeans, their colour expressing the same gloominess as their owner. He put on some sneakers on and a grey hoodie, which he threw over his shirt, and walked outside, locking the door behind him. The gravel was crunching under his feet, as he walked towards the source of all of this agitation that had set him outside, to begin with. To his surprise, in the park near his house, there were people of all ages gathering around what seemed to be some sort of circus. There hadn't been such large festivities like these since the breakout of Otashi, but it felt good to see that life was still going on, despite everything that had happened. A large blinking sign with yellow neon lights was brightly shining the word "CARNIVAL", half confirming Yoongi's guess. He waited a long moment at the gate, his eyes shining with the light of thousands of other neon lights that were shining or blinking rapidly in the dark night, the sound of people screaming and laughing in the amusement rides buzzing in his ears, sound which seemed to always be going on as rides went on and on.

-"The carnival is very enticing indeed," said a honeyed but appealing voice echoing from behind the short green-haired male.

Yoongi quickly turned around to try to find the owner of this said voice, managing to almost hit in the stomach a tall and well-built man who was standing right behind him, grinning from ear to ear. Out of shock, the smaller male jumped a couple of feet back and immediately frowned after, vexed to be frightened like that. In front of him now stood a man wearing a black top hat and a funky looking black and red suit with all black pants. There were four buttons on his suit, all black, and under it was a neat and immaculate white shirt. Yoongi immediately assumed he was the ringmaster or something like this, even though he wasn't sure if there were any wild animals encaged around for the sole purpose of entertaining humans and putting on show after show. He slicked back his dark black hair, and gave a little wink to Yoongi as if he knew a couple of the bewildered male's secrets.