chapter 1: finding out

It was a normal afternoon on a saturday, and it was really calm in the house of Taekook. Silence was all you could hear. which was weird, because jungkook and tae could always talk about something. Nothing was too crazy, from arguments if crackers with ketchup are good (A/N: which they are), to arguing about if aliens were homophobic. you name it and they probably had an argument about it.

Jungkook stared with wide eyes at taehyung, more precisely, taehyung tail. little, shiny, blue and purple scales. How could his boyfriend hide this from him? Taehyung on the other side, was panicking on what he should do. 'Jungkook.' He started. Tears welling up in his eyes. Jungkook kneeled in front of him and pushed some hairlocks aside on Taehyung's forehead. Taehyung avoiding his gaze. 'So this is why you never wanted to go to a pool with me?' showing his bunnysmile. Tae was shocked. He didn't disown him, he didn't think he was disgusting.

'Y...You don't think I'm d...disgusting?' He asked. Jungkook was shocked by his statement. Why would he think he was disgusting? He is absolutely beautiful. 'Why would I think you're disgusting? You are the most gorgeous person I've ever seen.' He gave him a kiss on his forehead and hugged him. Tae put his head on Jungkooks shoulder and started to cry, out of happiness.

_flashback_

After his human parents found a weird mutation in Taehyungs DNA, which only a few people had. They threw him out. Taehyung was very young at that time. seven years old. He didn't exacly know what was going on, but knew he wasn't welcome anymore. He lived on the streets for a year. Until it started to rain heavily. He transformed for the first time, on the streets. He managed to hide in a box, in an alley, until the rain stopped. He dried himself with a piece of clothing he stole and ran. Ran towards the sea and dove. He wanted to leave the cruel land behind and searched for a new life in the sea. he swam, and swam, and swam. 

he was only eight years old at that time.

He managed to survive two years in the sea, but he was exhausted. He had to live on only some seaweed, because he didn't have the guts to kill a fish. In the middle of the sea, he collapsed. But luck was a bit on his side: He wasn't at a very deep part. 

When he woke up, he was really scared, it looked like he was abducted. In an unknown place. It looked like a cave, with a little pool inside of it. It was the first time in two years, that he felt air on his skin, it felt familiar but foreign. He was scared. Where was he? How did he come here?

He felt a presence behind him, slowly turned around. A mermaid, probably in her 20's. She sat on the side of the pool. Once he fully turned around, the mermaid noticed he woke up and looked at him and smiled. 'Hi, I'm Tzuyu.' she said. Taehyung was really confused. 'W...Where am I?'  He managed to stutter out. 'You are at the Asian Pod. A few people saw you lying  unconscious on the seafloor, and decided to help you. What's your name sweatheart?' 'T...Taehyung.' he said. 'how old are you?' she asked 'T....Ten' He answered. She frowned. 'do you mind staying with me untill you have found your own little place darling?' he shook his head. 

they had talked a few words to each other until a sensitive topic came.

'so what pod are you actually from?' He didn't know how to react and mumbled a few words. he sighed and told her the truth. 'I wasn't in a pod before, I was born human.' He expected her to be angry, or dissapointed. But her face looked quite happy. 'we have another merman in this pod who was born human. His name was Hoseok, i think.' she said. Taehyung sighed in relief, knowing that there was someone else like him. 

the time he spend in the pod, he never actually saw hoseok, he only caught a few glimpses of him.

_end flashback_

Tae was still hugging jungkook, not crying anymore, just thinking about his past. 'you okay now?' Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded. 'I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier. I was scared.' Jungkook nodded. 

Jungkook noticed Tae was still breathing heavily 'Is there anything I can do for you at the moment honey?' he asked. 'c...could you pass me a towel please?' Taehyung did have powers, but he didn't control them fully, so he was scared he'd hurt someone while using his powers.

Jungkook passed him a towel. 'Taetae.' he said. Taehyung looked up. 'There's nothing to worry about, okay? I don't mind what you are because you are still my Taetae.' Taehyung smiled his famous boxsmile. 'now, go dry yourself, then I'll order some pizza.' jungkook said. Tae nodded and started to dry himself. 'oh, jungkook.' he said 'I love you.'

'I love you too.'

A/N:

hello there, this is the first book I'm writing, so please comment if you find any big mistakes.

My first language is Dutch and I don't know if you ever heard my mom speak English but she could be a comedian by just speaking the language. I'm so happy I didn't learn english from my mom.

Dutch word of today: (de) aardbeien

meaning: (the) strawberries

Tzuyu won't be much in this story tho, I don't know what kind of person she is. so ye...

I'll try to update as soon as possible, but school is taking alot of my time.

cya