Chapter 14

"Landon! Cole!" Prince Lucas screamed running into the room. We had been waiting twenty minutes after exiting the stage. The longer we waited, the more anxious and impatient we became.

"What is it?" Cole asked.

"Is something wrong?" Landon feared.

    "Come quick!" Prince Lucas said. He looked like he was happy. Princess Heather, Landon, Cole, and I all followed Prince Lucas into another room. Did Prince Lucas know something? We weren't sure. But, we HAD to know what was happening.

    "What's wrong?" Landon asked.

    "Are you okay?" Cole asked.

    Prince Lucas had a silly smile on his face while he opened the door. We all flooded into the room noticing an old man sitting in a chair. When the man turned his head, Cole and Landon's eyes lit up. "Father!" the twins said at the same time rushing over.

    "Cole! Landon!" their father said pulling them closer. He hugged them tight. Little tears leaked from his eyes. "I thought I've never see you again!" He pulled them away to get a good look at them. "Andy! You look like a prince!" he said.

    "That's me! You used to call me Andy!" Landon laughed. He smiled bright. I love that smile.

    "And Cole..." their father spoke. Cole hadn't seen his dad in five years. He looked at him. His father's hair was greyed and his eyes squinted just a little more. "You're so strong," he mustered to say stroking his son's hair.

    "There's someone I want you to meet," Landon said motioning me over. I walked over and shook his hand. "This is Vera. She is the one who brang us together." I blushed.

    "I can tell she's much more than that!" Landon's father observed. "You keep him in line, promise? He's a crazy kid," he rubbed Landon's head like Landon was five years old again.

    "I'll try my best," I laughed.

    The conversation dimmed. They all had so much to say. So many questions. So many statements. So many concerns. You'd think it would be loud, but it was quiet and sweet. The twins and their dad just stood, glad to have each other.

    I was happy for them, but jealous that I would never have the same type of family they had. They found each other. A family. I looked over and glanced at the word on Prince Lucas's arm.

    Unexpected.

    The word had a new meaning now. A better meaning.

    The council talked for six hours trying to get to a decision. Meanwhile, the new reunited family and I went to have dinner. Landon and Cole's father brought us into his cottage just outside the castle. It surprised me that he was this close to us this entire time.

    "And then we came to this golden eye cave. I'm pretty sure that it was a Blu Tribe cave. Vera and I could read the marking on the wall just like you told me about. It was amazing!" Landon explained.

    "Blu Tribe?" I asked. "There are different tribes?"

    "Of course they are! Your parents never told you that?" Landon and Cole's father questioned. Words jumbled around in my head, I looked for the best way to explain... me.

    "Vera never knew her parents. She lived in Gwenie's Angels for her entire life. That is until a little over a year ago." Landon told him for me. I smiled along.

    "That's a shame. There's so much fascinating culture about our tribe. Wait a second! Andy!"

    "Yeah, father?" Landon said.

    "I have to show you something! You're going to freak out," his father told me running into the other room. He ran back to us. "Follow me!" he commanded. We followed him. I looked to Cole. He shrugged.

    The walls of the room were all black like the ones of the cave we were in. "It's the game, Sparks!" I recalled. I remembered it vividly from the cave.

    "That's right! Andy always dreamed of playing it. And I told myself, 'If I were to ever see my little Andy again, I'd play Sparks with him!'" Landon's father said.

    "Father! This is amazing! It's just like what you told me," Landon smiled. He read the markings by running his hands over the walls. "So cool!"

    "Can we play?" Cole asked.

    "Yeah, let's do it!" his father said.

    Then, we heard bells ringing from afar. We all ran to the Cara castle. It took us a while, but we got there.

    People were screaming. Some happy. Some angry. We looked to see some familiar faces. The first person I caught my eye to was Bailey. She had on the biggest smile. She hugged Princess Abigail.

    "We did it! We're free!" Landon screamed hugging me and kissing me on the cheek. I smiled wide. I felt Landon's hands on my waist twirling me around like we were dancing.

    All my life I felt like I was running and running away from it all.

    Today, I was just dancing.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!