𝟎 𝟎 | 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙚.

Prologue; Iris

"Perfectionism is the unparalleled defense for emotionally abandoned children

"Perfectionism is the unparalleled defense for emotionally abandoned children. "
—Pete Walker

"Push! Push! She's almost here."

The young woman pushed with all her might. Nicole Fausto neé Jones gasped and cried out in pain. Gripping one hand on her husband and the other tightly on the bed she scream again.

Kissing his wife forehead he whispered encouragingly in her ear as she squeezed his hand tightly. She pushed for a few more seconds before she was met at a brief second of relief.

Nicole's eyes watered at the sight of her daughter," Can I hold her?"

The doctor nodded placing her in and for a brief second," What should we name her?"

" We should let her get cleaned up first before we decide." Nicole said not removing her eyes from her daughter. The baby was gently pulled away from the new mother to get cleaned. Nicole was tired as ever and fell asleep for a brief second before her daughter came back.

Once she had awoken again she called out to her husband who was gently holding their daughter in his arms in the blue hospital chair that resided by the window.

Robert look down at his daughter then into his wife's eyes," I don't think we could name her Celeste or Callisto like we planned."

Robert got up from his chair and slid his daughter back into his wife's arms. Nicole nodded neither of those names fit their daughter. The names didn't feel right.

"Iris, like the goddess who linked the gods and goddesses to humanity."

"Iris Lilith Fausto our little rainbow."

Nicole rose her eyebrow," Lilith?"

" If she going to be compared to goddess that helps humanity why not balance it out with a demon that demolishes it."

" Only you would think a name would need to be balance out." Nicole smiled at her husband.

"The world always needs a balance." Robert grinned happily at his wife and daughter," I think the name rainbow demon is quite balanced."

The couple laughed and agreed on the their daughters name.

"Mommy?"

Nicole looked up see her young daughter stare up at her with a hopeless look in her big brown eyes,"Yes, my darling rainbow?"