Enjolras x Reader: Our Family

"We must act quickly!" Enjolras shouted as everyone cheered. "The nobles won't give us our rights, which means we'll need to take it ourselves!" You ran a hand over your swollen belly as Enjolras pointed at a series of plans. "The General LaMarque is dead. His funeral is in three days. That's when we'll act. If we build barricades here..." You zoned out as you focused on the thrumming beneath your hand. You smiled down.

"Yes yes," You whispered. "Your father may be charismatic, but that's no excuse to abuse your mummy." You could see a faint smile tugging at Enjolras' lips as he listened to you. You continued to whisper to your child as Enjolras laid out his plans.

But then something began to hurt.

Bad.

You let out a gasp as you doubled over, clutching your stomach. Enjolras stopped talking and turned to you. "What is it?" He asked as one hand grasped yours and the over covered your stomach.

"I—I," You bit back a cry as you tried to get the words out. "I think the baby's coming!"

"Here? Now?!" You nodded as you heard something splash. "We have to get you to a hospital." He tried to usher you to the door, but you stopped at the sound of thunder. You looked out the window. Rain was falling in thick sheets and the wind was howling.

"We won't make it through that," You said. Enjolras looked at you.

"Well what are we going to do? You need a doctor!" You couldn't think of anything and you looked at Enjolras.

"I don't know." Another contraction hit you and you let out a whimper. "I'm scared, Enjolras." He pulled your close and kissed your head and Joly came forward.

"I might be able to help."

"Please, anything." You said. Joly nodded.

"Lay her on the table." Everyone was quick to clear the table, and Enjolras took his coat off as he helped you lay back. He rolled up his coat and gently nestled it under your head. "I need hot water, scissors, and a blanket." Eponine ripped off her outer skirt, and someone found a pair of scissors as Marius began heating some water. You gasped in pain as Enjolras clutched your hand tightly in his. He kissed your knuckles and ran a hand over your hair. Another contraction, harder than the rest hit, and you couldn't hold back a scream of pain. "Hurry!" Joly shouted. Marius ran with a cup of water.

"It's probably not as hot as it should be." Joly dipped a hand in.

"It'll do."

"Here are the scissors!" Joly took them and dropped them in the hot water.

"Okay, Y/N. I'm going to check if you're ready." You nodded as Enjolras got closer to you, kissing your temple.

"You're doing great, sweetheart." He whispered. "I'm so proud of you." You smiled through your tears, and he shakily matched your smile.

"Y/N, I need you to push. Enjolras, get behind her." Enjolras obeyed and got behind you, propping you up. He wrapped his arms around you and grasped your hands tightly. "Ready?" You nodded. "Okay, push!" You did as he told and let out a scream. When you couldn't push anymore, you collapsed against Enjolras, gasping for breath. "You're doing great, but I need you to push again." You beared down again, and Enjolras pressed his lips to your hair.

"You can do it," He murmured in your ear. "You're the strongest woman I know, and you'll get through this." You nodded, tears in your eyes.

"One more, Y/N!" Joly encouraged. You pushed one last time and screamed, but your cry of pain was instantly drowned out by the cry of a child. You collapsed against Enjolras, sobbing with joy and relief. He kissed your hair over and over, his eyes never leaving the child in Joly's arms. He cleaned the baby up and swaddled it in Eponine's skirt before handing the child to you. "Your son," Joly said with a smile.

You gasped in wonder as you looked down at the child. Enjolras let out a breath as he gently trailed a finger down his son's face. His face scrunched up, and a tiny fist reached up, clutching his finger. Enjolras smiled a watery smiled as he gazed at his son with love. You looked up at him with a smile of your own, and he pressed a firm kiss to your forehead. Then he pecked your nose, your cheeks and your lips, and smiled at you before turning his attention back to his son. "I knew you could do it." You smiled and pressed your head into his shoulder as you both watched your son sleep. Your eyelids felt heavy, and you felt Enjolras' arms shift so he was holding your son from behind you. "Sleep," He murmured. "You've earned it." With that, you fell asleep.

Everyone filed out of the room, leaving Enjolras to hold his new family in peace.